Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 77 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #1141
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabravo
are beer and firearms the norm on NW jeep runs?

The beer and firearms weren't in our group. They were from a Jeep club out of eastern Washington. They were out drinking and shooting away from where they were all stopped..

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #1142
NickThePyro
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That makes me mad when people do that. When ever I go up to Evan's or Greenwater and look arround you can see empty shell casings Drunk people with guns realy scare me.
NickThePyro is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #1143
deltabravo

cool... just wondered since a friend of mine was up in the hills above Greenwater and happened across some yahoos firing off a few rounds, so he was wondering the same.

there used to be two gravel pits along FR 70 where people would target practice freely... that was until some dad killed his son because he didn't verify that no one was down range before firing, and his kid happened to be downrange checking ot the target. It was accidental, and a tragic accident... seems like it was probably 5+ years ago, or so.

I think for safety's sake it's a good idea to maybe program the USFS ranger office's phone number in yer cell phone, though no one may be there to answer the phone on weekends, but write down license numbers, or photograph them casually so the yahoos don't see you doing said photographing, then report them to the law enforcement or forest service. Naches (FR19) has regular patrols by Yakima county deputies as well as USFS LE staff.
deltabravo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:12 AM   #1144
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
cool... just wondered since a friend of mine was up in the hills above Greenwater and happened across some yahoos firing off a few rounds, so he was wondering the same.

there used to be two gravel pits along FR 70 where people would target practice freely... that was until some dad killed his son because he didn't verify that no one was down range before firing, and his kid happened to be downrange checking ot the target. It was accidental, and a tragic accident... seems like it was probably 5+ years ago, or so.

I think for safety's sake it's a good idea to maybe program the USFS ranger office's phone number in yer cell phone, though no one may be there to answer the phone on weekends, but write down license numbers, or photograph them casually so the yahoos don't see you doing said photographing, then report them to the law enforcement or forest service. Naches (FR19) has regular patrols by Yakima county deputies as well as USFS LE staff.
This was on the west side however.. And cell phone signal is non-existant.. But they'll get what's coming to them, it's only a matter of time..

Unread 07-27-2007, 04:25 AM   #1145
Jeep_hard_8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fianlly got the jeep back from the dealership with the new motor and I can't remember it ever running this smooth and quiet it was a good day.

Oh so it was at the dealership in Centralia? right... i Was there a couple of days ago to see if they had the locking nut key to fit on my spare tire bolt... but sadly hey didn't. I did however see a Yellow TJ in the garage that I thought might be yours with the hood up being " worked" on. Glad it is finished. treat her right!
Unread 07-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #1146
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_hard_8
Oh so it was at the dealership in Centralia? right... i Was there a couple of days ago to see if they had the locking nut key to fit on my spare tire bolt... but sadly hey didn't. I did however see a Yellow TJ in the garage that I thought might be yours with the hood up being " worked" on. Glad it is finished. treat her right!
yeah that was mine.
elkfan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:51 AM   #1147
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

From the RUBI forum

Naches trail July 28th
We are running the trail from Greenwater to Funny/Moon rocks and back. Meeting at 9am in the parking lot of Safeway in Enumclaw. I am up for setting up tents and coming home Sunday if anyone else would like to break it up into two days.

I plan on going
BaddAndy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #1148
Vacant Stare

Kind of the wrong forum, but I'll give it a try anyway

Shot at 2007-07-27
Vacant Stare is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #1149
deltabravo

.....deleted

Last edited by deltabravo; 07-30-2007 at 12:53 AM..
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #1150
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
translates to: MAJOR CARNAGE IS IMMINENT!!
i heard through the grapevine they plan a trek over some obscure trail that will result in possible BODY DAMAGE
Maybe after they get over the naches trail. There is no body damage on Naches unless you are a complete idiot.

Unread 07-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #1151
deltabravo

sounds like there will be a huge group, which translates to a very slow go getting over naches... more rigs equals more chance for stuff to go wrong, even though the Naches is a pretty tame trail.

Last edited by deltabravo; 07-30-2007 at 12:52 AM..
Unread 07-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #1152
jbwolfish

Deltabravo they could just be running FS roads.......Naches is a trail system....just like any trail system there are easy trails and difficult trails......everyone here talks about carnage....and body damage.....those things can happen driving on a road.....put mud, trees, and water together and depending on the individuals driving experience and style....there is the potential for somebody to damage there rig...or worse yet.....a roll over...... X you put up a post that is not 100% correct. When we were there on Memorial day we were witness to 2 roll overs and both drivers were experienced and had vehicles built to the hilt......no idiots.....and 5 other vehicles went over the exact same spot....just depends on the line that you take....if there is a recovery operation things can happen....so anytime that you go wheeling you can incur some sort of damage to your rig.....so have fun and wheel safe......when people here carnage and damage in threads they get nervous and some don't even go out.....we have a great sport that we should promote responsibly.......I love running the Busy Wild at Elbe .....but you mention it and folks get scared.....we ran it with Timber tamers and it was a blast.....very challenging....tests your skills and your vehicle....but no one in the group had damage other than a badly slipping clutch due to mud.
Unread 07-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #1153
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!! We picked up our friends from England last night at Seatac! They r ready to go wheelin! Especially Stuart! Cant wait till next wkend to see everyone!

What time should we all meet up? 9am or 10am at the campground area or there by Chevron in Elbe?

Molly
elkfan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #1154
jbwolfish

We are gonna be at the campground.....
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #1155
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2
YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!! We picked up our friends from England last night at Seatac! They r ready to go wheelin! Especially Stuart! Cant wait till next wkend to see everyone!

What time should we all meet up? 9am or 10am at the campground area or there by Chevron in Elbe?

Molly
Well since you guys have to leave early to go a wedding (right?) SO i thnk nine would be better give us some more...Whose all planning on going on this?? Doesnt look like a gig group yet..haha
2.25" budget boost, 1" Performance Accessories Body Lift, flowmaster 40 series, kenwood stero system, new front and rear bumpers,dual tops, and 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains, on unique black steelies, Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
Pyroteknik701 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.