Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #841
jbwolfish

OK jeep fans if you only go to the mall you don't have to do hardly any cleaning.....LOL

Unread 05-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #842
jbwolfish

I got our cleaned. wheels torn apart....brakes all cleaned and driving down the road sheared the bolt on the rear diff.........I hate those straps...I have ubolts now.....I have never sheared them
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #843
yyoon

Hey*jbwolfish, you coming out to Naches?
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #844
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When we were up at Elbe and Yyoon noticed my left rear wobbling, it turns out the axle is bent, good thing they're only a bou 1 month old and under warranty possibly was like that from day one and never noticed it. Thanks for the eye Yyoon.
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #845
jbwolfish

I built my best friend a jeep and the only place he goes is on dirt roads. Why put lifts, tires, armour, lockers if your not going to use them.....each part of off road has its plus and minuses.....mud requires tons of cleaning. if you clean you don't break or wear out more than normal....if your rock climbing and you are not set up right then it is expensive parts that break....so one has to pick what is good for them....we like it all.....
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #846
jbwolfish

Yes Yyoon,,,,we are thinking of heading that way on friday.
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #847
jbwolfish

We don't belong to any particular club.....but the first group that we wheeled with when we rolled the jeep and then righted it and kept going invited us out......we have the trailer ready to go....we are planning on staying thru sunday afternoon or monday....if anybody is going out there and needs a welder I am bring ours along with grinder and metal....one never knows when you might need to weld something on a 4 day trip.
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #848
jbwolfish

all reports say that it is easier than Elbe......so we are looking forward to some great photos....
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #849
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difranco
I can't believe it!

I just look at cleaning as part of maintenance. Gives you a chance to look things over carefully, fix places were rust can start, and correct other problems.
you know you are very right, i am going to go over everything with some touch up paint as i do my installs tomorrow, i found lots of spots that have been scratched to metal and need protecting. I took off my plastic covers around the windshield and the old connector bars over the doors really scraped up the windshield area they bolted too..

advice? what general rust preventive spray do any of you use, preferable something that is not sticky or greasy so it does not collect dust.

oh and i got a dream call tonight, got a bonus job that is going to pay for all my armor and tube fenders i have been saving for, w0oT!!

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #850
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We'll be on ch 10 but may switch to 21 later
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #851
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

want to leave friday morning to beat any crowds, but have no idea where I am going, anyone leaving around that time?

I agree, Mud is the Devil!
3speed auto, RE Long Arm with ACOS...5" of lift, 35x12.50 PC XAT on 15x8 wheels, Bilstein 5100 shocks, rubicon D44 with front and rear ARBs, AA SYE, Coast CV Driveshaft, 4.10 gearing, ORO Swayloc, ARB Snorkel and K&N filter, magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech front bumper, LoD Xpedition Rear bumper, LoD Rocker Guards, hella lights, 6" Xenon flares, HULA GIRL on dash...........she makes me smile

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

WWW.WHEELERSFORTHEWOUNDED.ORG
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #852
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

is a anyone still going to be running around up there on Monday? Found out that my husband is going back to TX friggin early on monday so i have the day free

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #853
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

can you guys give me directions to the campground. Is it in Naches or up the road on 410?
3speed auto, RE Long Arm with ACOS...5" of lift, 35x12.50 PC XAT on 15x8 wheels, Bilstein 5100 shocks, rubicon D44 with front and rear ARBs, AA SYE, Coast CV Driveshaft, 4.10 gearing, ORO Swayloc, ARB Snorkel and K&N filter, magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech front bumper, LoD Xpedition Rear bumper, LoD Rocker Guards, hella lights, 6" Xenon flares, HULA GIRL on dash...........she makes me smile

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

WWW.WHEELERSFORTHEWOUNDED.ORG
Unread 05-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #854
Lud04X
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I know my friends and I will be off of 410 somewhere. We go where the crowds won't be. All my friends left today, I'm leaving tomorrow morning. Either gonna be milk creek, quartz creek, or around the base of the 676 trail.

It'll be easy to find our group if you're out wheeling. When you've seen a Yellow Bronco with black stripes on 38's, my Jeep, and some Toyotas in the same group that's us. I think we'll be on CB channel 7.
35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR's w/ Kevlar, MT Classic II's
D44 rear axle w/ ARB, alloy shafts, 4.56 gears
Dana 30 with ARB, 4.56 gears, alloy shafts and ujoints
Unread 05-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #855
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2
When we were up at Elbe and Yyoon noticed my left rear wobbling, it turns out the axle is bent, good thing they're only a bou 1 month old and under warranty possibly was like that from day one and never noticed it. Thanks for the eye Yyoon.
Safety first! My friend had a tire come off. Funny thing was he didn't even know it was from his truck! "That looks like one of my tires flying past me!"

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.