Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 05-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #826
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Naches pass is closed because of this

BaddAndy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #827
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The naches trail ends right about were we will be camping. Technechly it is Manashtash but most call it Naches Kanner area(at least most I run with). The wagon trail(naches pass) dosent open till July 15th or the trail jamb. witch ever comes first(usually trail jamb) due to erousion(sp?)It dosent take long to get to were I posted the pic's from were we camp, maby an hour on gravel roads and trails.
Unread 05-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #828
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnows
Trying to work out the logistics now, where are you guys camping at over there? Is there a place where I can park a second vehicle? family friendly?

There's a good mix of families and of the rowdy group. There's plenty of camp sites. Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can pretty much camp anywhere in the open???

We should try to figure out where everyone would agree to meet. It's been a while since I've been there so I'm following the lead of others this round.
Unread 05-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #829
whizbang

jonwood --- Do you have any reports on Moon Rocks or Funny Rocks? Memorial Day Weekend is always iffy. Last year we got stopped by snow and crowds on the Milk Creek trail and never made it. This winter was worse than last winter. Good luck.

yyoon --- You are basicly correct. The Forest Service term for "camping anywhere" is dispersed camping. Dispersed camping is is okay as long as you buy a NW Forest Pass and hang it on your mirror.
Unread 05-23-2007, 12:52 AM   #830
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We are going to try and make it on friday tentatively
3speed auto, RE Long Arm with ACOS...5" of lift, 35x12.50 PC XAT on 15x8 wheels, Bilstein 5100 shocks, rubicon D44 with front and rear ARBs, AA SYE, Coast CV Driveshaft, 4.10 gearing, ORO Swayloc, ARB Snorkel and K&N filter, magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech front bumper, LoD Xpedition Rear bumper, LoD Rocker Guards, hella lights, 6" Xenon flares, HULA GIRL on dash...........she makes me smile

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

WWW.WHEELERSFORTHEWOUNDED.ORG
BoKnows is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 01:55 AM   #831
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I read on another forum that the snow was gone, but no pics to prove it
Unread 05-23-2007, 02:50 AM   #832
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I believe the Naches Trail as such, doesn't open until July15th or 17th.

edit:jonwood beat me to it.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #833
McLovin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm hosting a large dune run July 27th-29th down here in coos bay. If anyone is interested I'll provide more details.
McLovin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #834
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The folks who are going over to Naches this weekend. Where is eveyone camping; coordinates?
3speed auto, RE Long Arm with ACOS...5" of lift, 35x12.50 PC XAT on 15x8 wheels, Bilstein 5100 shocks, rubicon D44 with front and rear ARBs, AA SYE, Coast CV Driveshaft, 4.10 gearing, ORO Swayloc, ARB Snorkel and K&N filter, magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech front bumper, LoD Xpedition Rear bumper, LoD Rocker Guards, hella lights, 6" Xenon flares, HULA GIRL on dash...........she makes me smile

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

WWW.WHEELERSFORTHEWOUNDED.ORG
BoKnows is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #835
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes, you can camp anywhere someone has camped before as long as it's not signed as OFF LIMITS
BaddAndy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #836
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnows
The folks who are going over to Naches this weekend. Where is eveyone camping; coordinates?

Unfortunately I've haven't been able to GPS track it so I don't have that info yet. What day and time were you thinking of going?
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #837
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

ok yyoon i take it part-way back, the flak i gave you about not liking mud. I spent hours and hours today cleaning my engine and interior , something that was long over due (Difranco, you would have been proud) that sucked.
It was a real deep cleaning , took my cowl off and windshield down, scrubbed everything. The sad thing is the worst of it is still and always be the one dirt that i can't avoid, the powdery hell that is my summer job. So i finally stopped the job and realized that in two months i will be back in it and should save my strength till September

well either way the jeep looks better that it has since it's first summer and tomorrow my new cage goes on

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Rivka is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #838
yyoon

Ha! I'm going on my 12th year of fourwheeling. I got tired of the mud in the first couple years. The reason you ask? Breakage, wear out the seals, joint wear, and the dreaded cleanup!
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:06 PM   #839
Difranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka
(Difranco, you would have been proud)
I can't believe it!

I just look at cleaning as part of maintenance. Gives you a chance to look things over carefully, fix places were rust can start, and correct other problems.
Orange Jeep Club Member #13--Metalhead Jeep Club Member #13--Poseur Jeep Club Member #13
Gun Control: Means never having to say "I missed you!"

FOR SALE: OE Rubicon Shocks / OE Rear Bumper / OE 3rd Brake light / OE Front Trackbar / OE Rear Trackbar -- PM for details and make your best offer.
Difranco is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #840
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

But guys the clean up afterwards is the best part of the whole thing I thought. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
elkfan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.