Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-18-2007, 06:20 AM   #781
PepCsLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

updated pics after adding wide fender flares and 33's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka
congrats of the jeep, look forward to having you out to play

are you planning on more lift or other mods with those 33's? if not I would be concerned with them not fitting. A lot depends on back spacing of your wheels. I just put 33's on my jeep, you can see my set up under my avatar, but i basically have about 4" of total lift and 5" of backspacing and i am rubbing my controls arms. With less of a lift or just more backspacing to fix rubbing, i would think that you would get into trouble with your flares. Just make sure you look at all the variables and things can work out ok

welcome on board!!!

Here's a link to the pic of my jeep. Tell me what you think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...epwithtint.jpg

Last edited by PepCsLJ; 07-21-2007 at 05:34 PM..
Unread 05-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #782
Buck-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwolfish
Buck-O quit your whining.....and get a jeep.......LOL.....we hooked you......you were hooked and you were in denial.....
There is probibly more truth then fiction to that statement.
Unread 05-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #783
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck-O
There is probibly more truth then fiction to that statement.

So.... you buy a Jeep yet?
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:45 AM   #784
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepCs X

Nice looking Jeep

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #785
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepCs X

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...epwithtint.jpg
Nice looking jeep!
A picture does not have the info you or I need to make a determination.

Do you know what backspacing your wheels have? You can remove and measure your spare if not.
read this it will explain a lot jeep.us41.org that is a great site btw I would book mark it and read as make sure to look all around, you will be helped a lot.

now in general you need to either increase your lift or change your backspacing and get wider flares or some combination of both. Since you are new around here , i first recommend that you read up on the past archives of the board.

You can get just about any question done with the search feature and the FAQ's. Read them in each section that you are interested. Remember some one has always asked your question before, so all you have to do is find where they did that. It can seem frustrating at first, read the tips to searching in it's FAQ and be patient.

then as you read, you need to decide how you plan to use your jeep, everyone wants bigger tires, it is one of the most visible upgrades you can think of, but depending on what you plan to do with your jeep it may not be the smartest or safest thing to start with. And understand that a lot of upgrades need other things at the safe time to keep everything working right (like wheels needs clearance so then they need things i just listed above) Then you need to know that you will be building this jeep for as long as you have it, no need to do it all today. better to do it right and not waste money along the way.
Many folks, myself included think it is smart to learn on a smaller built jeep, it teaches you good driving rather than relying on might or size. I can bear personal witness that many folks around here have no problem wheeling their jeeps stock or close to, and what gets you home at the end of the day is not breaking something , so i would think about armor if you planning to go out and play.
Plus there is a few things every jeep needs, basic tools, basic recovery gear, cb. make sure you put those things in your budget. here is a greathttp://www.sidekickoffroad.com/equiping.htm, you will figure out where you fall on this needs list in time. you no not need it all now in any way.

I'm heading out for the weekend, just wanted to respond before i went, we can chat more on monday. Again nice jeep!

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 05-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #786
Difranco

Quote:
Nice looking jeep!
Those are American Racing Baja Wheels: 15x8 5-4.5" Bolt Pattern / Polished finish. These wheels have 3.75" backspacing and the part number would be 172-5861. With this backspacing he shouldn't rub.

Add a 1.25" JKS body lift and he would most likely will not have any problems with rubbing with upward travel, if he did it would be slight and could be corrected with either wider flares or adding bumpstop.

Oh and take off the side steps to save yourself body damage later.
Orange Jeep Club Member #13--Metalhead Jeep Club Member #13--Poseur Jeep Club Member #13
Gun Control: Means never having to say "I missed you!"

FOR SALE: OE Rubicon Shocks / OE Rear Bumper / OE 3rd Brake light / OE Front Trackbar / OE Rear Trackbar -- PM for details and make your best offer.
Unread 05-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #787
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

see someone always knows, thanks difranco
and x2 on the step before you go wheeling

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 05-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #788
Buck-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyoon
So.... you buy a Jeep yet?
Not yet, but i am looking intently, and Difranco has his eyes peeled.
Unread 05-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #789
Buck-O

BTW, just a heads up for anyone...

A guy on another local forum i frequent is selling his tires.

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/sh...hreadid=267803

Im tempted to pick them up for myself. Oppinions?`
Unread 05-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #790
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Eh, those are for 17" rims, it all depends on preference, I prefer 15" rims, but to each their own.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
Unread 05-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #791
PepCsLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice looking jeep!

Do you know what backspacing your wheels have? You can remove and measure your spare if not.
read this it will explain a lot jeep.us41.org that is a great site btw I would book mark it and read as make sure to look all around, you will be helped a lot.

now in general you need to either increase your lift or change your backspacing and get wider flares or some combination of both. Since you are new around here , i first recommend that you read up on the past archives of the board.

You can get just about any question done with the search feature and the FAQ's. Read them in each section that you are interested. Remember some one has always asked your question before, so all you have to do is find where they did that. It can seem frustrating at first, read the tips to searching in it's FAQ and be patient.

then as you read, you need to decide how you plan to use your jeep, everyone wants bigger tires, it is one of the most visible upgrades you can think of, but depending on what you plan to do with your jeep it may not be the smartest or safest thing to start with. And understand that a lot of upgrades need other things at the safe time to keep everything working right (like wheels needs clearance so then they need things i just listed above) Then you need to know that you will be building this jeep for as long as you have it, no need to do it all today. better to do it right and not waste money along the way.
Many folks, myself included think it is smart to learn on a smaller built jeep, it teaches you good driving rather than relying on might or size. I can bear personal witness that many folks around here have no problem wheeling their jeeps stock or close to, and what gets you home at the end of the day is not breaking something , so i would think about armor if you planning to go out and play.
Plus there is a few things every jeep needs, basic tools, basic recovery gear, cb. make sure you put those things in your budget. here is a greathttp://www.sidekickoffroad.com/equiping.htm, you will figure out where you fall on this needs list in time. you no not need it all now in any way.

I'm heading out for the weekend, just wanted to respond before i went, we can chat more on monday. Again nice jeep!
Thanks for all the insight and info. I talked to Todd of Olympic Offroad in Tacoma and had him come out and look at my jeep. He said basically the same thing. He would normally not put 33's on anything less than a 4" lift. I could get by with 32's. I think I will just get some 31's with a little more agressive tread on them for now. I've already thought about the extended fender flares if I went with oversized tires. And regards to the running boards, they are the Bestop brand and seem to stick out a little too far (big and fat). A few years ago I had a 95 Toyota SR5 extended cab with running boards and I went wheeling at Tahuya near Bremerton and promply got stuck (high centered on the running boards). Thanks again for all the info.
Unread 05-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #792
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That tire would have a pretty short sidewall for the trails around here. I would stay away from 17" rims unless you have at least a 35" tire.
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #793
Buck-O

Thanks Elkfan, just the kind of info i wanted.
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #794
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Elkfan, just the kind of info i wanted.
No problem. Did you buy a Jeep yet.
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #795
Buck-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2
No problem. Did you buy a Jeep yet.
No, not yet.
But soon. Hopfully withen the next couple of months.

Right now i dont have a whole lot of money saved up (splitting from my fiance and trying to get back on my feet, new job, etc.), so i am going to have to do some financing of somesort. So trying to find the right place to get a good deal on omthing with at least some mods on it, is going to be a bit rough.

Rest assured though, if i find the right deal i will go for it. Even if i got to drive a ways to get it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.