Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #751
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroteknik701
Well the Ghetto rigged exhausted leaks like a siff....you can see it where the tail pipe meets the muffler...that would explain it...It just got really loud after Sunday so i must have slammed the tailpipe on something and it must have cracked the weld...I think i am going to go to a Muffler shop and get it all professionally done...it could use it...haggered looking cuts and welds...well what muffler should i get?? i dont want it to be ridiculously loud
I put a Flowmaster on mine and am happy with it, I had the same concerns as you when I did it and after it was done I was happy with the results.

Unread 05-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #752
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2
Congrats on the new tires. To bad you didn't have them for Elbe.
Rivka, That just gives you more of a reason to come to Naches....
2.25" budget boost, 1" Performance Accessories Body Lift, flowmaster 40 series, kenwood stero system, new front and rear bumpers,dual tops, and 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains, on unique black steelies, Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #753
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I put a Flowmaster on mine and am happy with it, I had the same concerns as you when I did it and after it was done I was happy with the results.
That might do better than the ricer guy who put a cherry bomb on it...it doesnt sound too bad surprisingly...except its ghetto rigged on...i might just have them patch up the welds for a few bucks
2.25" budget boost, 1" Performance Accessories Body Lift, flowmaster 40 series, kenwood stero system, new front and rear bumpers,dual tops, and 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains, on unique black steelies, Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #754
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well i will be heading up there on saturday...Should i bring anything like stuff to clean up the trails...i got it all chainsaws...ect....what time are you all going to be up there?
A chain saw is always good and a shovel and gloves. I'll be meeting yyoon at 8 at the 410 cafe with the rest of the club we're in for breakfast if your interested. Also last year they gave everyone a free day pass but if you had at least 2 people in your rig they gave them a free year pass! CB channel 10 for us

yyoon
Justin and Dale are heading up to Naches on Tuesday night after work so they should get a good spot, The rest are heading up Thursday and Friday, I'll be there around 8-9am Saturday. Most will stay till Monday(Im out Sunday early) Justin said his CB will be on all week never off. CB channel 10.
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #755
yyoon

Quote:
That might do better than the ricer guy who put a cherry bomb on it...it doesnt sound too bad surprisingly...except its ghetto rigged on...i might just have them patch up the welds for a few bucks
Did you say Bucky's? I think they have lifetime warranties on their work. You may want to check!

I think 5-6ish works on Friday. I'm in no hurry. I figure everyone get get to camp, setup, relax, then wake up early and hit some trails. I'm gonna do a run with the Jeep club I'm in. I need to get a few in with them or else they may think I'm a mall crawler!!! Just kidding!

4.0 + Tick = Normal! I can't beleive how noisy my engine and drivetrain is! I'm sure you heard all the drivetrain clacking! How annoying, of course Jeep says it's normal.

I got my spare changed out to a matching MT/R. Discount wanted the one they sold me because it was the only one in the nation and a customer had pre-ordered it! So in the end I got a matching tire!
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #756
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood
A chain saw is always good and a shovel and gloves. I'll be meeting yyoon at 8 at the 410 cafe with the rest of the club we're in for breakfast if your interested. Also last year they gave everyone a free day pass but if you had at least 2 people in your rig they gave them a free year pass! CB channel 10 for us

yyoon
Justin and Dale are heading up to Naches on Tuesday night after work so they should get a good spot, The rest are heading up Thursday and Friday, I'll be there around 8-9am Saturday. Most will stay till Monday(Im out Sunday early) Justin said his CB will be on all week never off. CB channel 10.

Kewl! Do you mind if a few of my friends camp at the clubs campsite? They may be looking for a river spot but if Justin and Dale get a good spot it would be nice to save the grief of looking! I'm headed up on Friday evening then will hang out until Sunday afternoon/evening. Can't wait!
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:39 PM   #757
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood
Well that would work great...i know i drive by that 410 cafe in my work truck everyday...i just cant seem to pinpoint it...I am going to try to get a friend to come along..but they did not sound too interested at the time being...Well if im welcome at breakfast i might as well meet there and follow up...a nice line of jeeps always loks good
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #758
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well that would work great...i know i drive by that 410 cafe in my work truck everyday...i just cant seem to pinpoint it...I am going to try to get a friend to come along..but they did not sound too interested at the time being...Well if im welcome at breakfast i might as well meet there and follow up...a nice line of jeeps always loks good
Cool 410 cafe is on the left side of 410 right at the turnoff for Evans

yyoon
I responded to your pm
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #759
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
When I talk about rubbing I meant rubbing the fenders at full flex. The rubbing on the control arms won't hurt anything, mine rub also and I have never had any problems from it.
ah i understand now, as for control arm rubbing, wont it hurt the tire if you let it continue?

as for wheeling soon, not on the options list for a few weeks
this weekend is my SARS conference and memorial day weekend my husband is getting leave from army training to come home and see me, and i very much doubt i can talk him into spending that time in the mud with us. Too bad i was really looking forward to Naches, but looking even more forward to my husband

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 05-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #760
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka
ah i understand now, as for control arm rubbing, wont it hurt the tire if you let it continue?

as for wheeling soon, not on the options list for a few weeks
this weekend is my SARS conference and memorial day weekend my husband is getting leave from army training to come home and see me, and i very much doubt i can talk him into spending that time in the mud with us. Too bad i was really looking forward to Naches, but looking even more forward to my husband
It's been a while since I saw a stock control arm. Just look at the control arm and you should be able to see a shiny spot where the tires are rubbing, as long as it is not a sharp edge it won't hurt anything. My control arms are round so it is not a problem on mine, but I know the factory one a re square so you will want to double check, if it is rubbing right on the edge then washers behind the steering stops would be a good idea.
Unread 05-16-2007, 11:10 PM   #761
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

i'll do all my checks (flex and steering rub) tomorrow, I'm sure any adjustments needed if any will be slight) thanks for the info

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 05-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #762
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is the banner that will be at our campsite at Naches
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #763
Buck-O

Alright, so Difranco isnt going to be making it out to Naches, and you bastards have me hooked now. So is there someone i could snag a ride with? I can meet up with anyone just about anywhere.
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #764
yyoon

Quote:
Well i get off work at four..so i can be in Enumclaw at 5:15 or so (including going and loading the Jeep). I was wondering is there any extra room in your tent if you take one..I only have a big 5 person one and if its only me thats not even worth setting up...

All this depends on if i can find the cause of my engine tick that i got going on....what should i check?

I only have a two person tent which is just beg enough for me. sorry.
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #765
jbwolfish

Buck-O quit your whining.....and get a jeep.......LOL.....we hooked you......you were hooked and you were in denial.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.