Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #391
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyoon
Hmm, i-5 north to mt rainier exit which will take you to 167, then take 410 east.... There may be some back roads which may be faster. I'd say 1.5 hours?
512 in puyallup would probably be the fastest way. But then again, yeah, there could be some shortcuts. Use google maps and map from Centralia to Wilkenson WA, as that's the popular meeting place. I think that Chevron is only like 25 minutes from Tacoma I believe.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
Unread 04-27-2007, 02:28 AM   #392
zolon
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka
come join us! feel free to add to the list

Name............Sat. 12th..........Sun 13th........notes

elkfan2............no.......................yes... ...........
Rivka...............yes......................maybe ......... happy to take a passenger
jeepingeoff.......yes......................no..... ..........
XabuJr.............Maybe..................???
Add me to the list as a maybe for both days. I'm hoping to have my suspension slammed in before then.
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:10 AM   #393
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

come join us! feel free to add yourself to the list

Name............Sat. 12th..........Sun 13th.................notes

Elkfan2............no.......................yes... ...........
Rivka...............yes......................not prefered ...... happy to take a passenger
JeepinGeoff......yes......................no...... .........
XabuJr.............Maybe.................maybe
Zolon...............maybe................maybe

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:28 AM   #394
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tires and studs fixed

Got my tire fixed, sort of
Les Schwab gave me a price quote i could not turn down, just 40 bucks to do the studs! Later i figured out that the dingbat on the phone thought when i said "the studs of two wheels" he figured i meant 2 studs in all, thankfully he also was nice enough to honor his quote, lucky me! at least on that front

after 3 hours in les schwab they managed to do the studs, put my flush mount valve stems in (boy those look good in a strange "something seems missing" sort of way) and went to balance the tires and for two hours could not because they had forgotten or did not seem to believe me when i said two of my tires had mud in them. One guy said he thought i meant in as in stuck in the spokes of the wheel. so they finally looked harder and saw the congealed mud lining the inside of the tires themselves and rolled them out to me all proud that they had discovered the culprit to their failure, i almost didn't have the heart to tell them that the culprit was them not paying attention to what i had told two of them 3 times. when i say "in", they need to realize that on a jeep that means inside!

anyway they took it pretty well, probably better than i took being stranded at a tire shop for three hours. and i left with tires that almost run smoothly, at last.

Almost because various things including the mud have trashed both front tires, the worst one was rotated to the spare the other hidden in the far rear passenger. they are definitely on a downward spiral and i need to safe money faster than i thought for 33's

anyway I'm all good to go, let's wheel

Unread 04-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #395
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, I will be hitting Evan's on Sunday for sure. useful_idiot is tagging along with me and it appears yyoon will be joining us. I have an invite out to a coworker that has a TJ and an H3, so not sure if he's going to be coming, but if he does it could be in either vehicle. Out of all the H3 guys we make fun of, I can tell you he does just as much with that H3 as most of us do in the Wrangler, so it will be fun. (and a great picture opportunity if he gets stuck )

We're working on figuring out a time, but any of you guys (Rivka, Jay, Micah, Elkfan, Geoff, etc) that want to come up, we'll post up the time we'll be at Wilkenson and you're all welcome to join.

Also, not sure since it's not listed in everyone's specs, but do all of you have CB's?

Unread 04-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #396
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

as of now, i'm in, and yes i'm on CB. wanna pick a channel

Unread 04-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #397
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

We usually run channel 5, but we can run whatever. What time is good for you? Like 10?

Unread 04-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #398
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr
We usually run channel 5, but we can run whatever. What time is good for you? Like 10?

Does anyone know what the snow situation is up there?
Unread 04-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #399
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Channle 5 it is, 10am sounds nice, thank you for not being of of these way too early risers!

SNOW? are you kidding? could there be some? is this the same place you, Yyoon, and i went on our outing that trashed my valve stem? Are we expecting it to be cold? hmm might put the doors back on at least for the drive to and from.

Unread 04-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #400
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Channle 5 it is, 10am sounds nice, thank you for not being of of these way too early risers!

SNOW? are you kidding? could there be some? is this the same place you, Yyoon, and i went on our outing that trashed my valve stem? Are we expecting it to be cold? hmm might put the doors back on at least for the drive to and from.
I was up there about 3 weeks ago and it's not bad, there are a few small patches randomly, but it shouldn't be bad at all. Plus it's supposed to be fairly sunny and decent.

Unread 04-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #401
yyoon

It is about 3200ft in elevation and tops out at about 4200. Well bad news.... I just got handed the oncall phone.
Unread 04-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #402
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyoon
It is about 3200ft in elevation and tops out at about 4200. Well bad news.... I just got handed the oncall phone.
are you oncall at weekend now?

Unread 04-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #403
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
are you oncall at weekend now?

Yeah he is.. I'm still in..

Unread 04-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #404
yyoon

I have 2 hours to show up at the door step if I get called. I've gone to evans oncall before. I hate to push it that much tho! I was supposed to try and make it to the elbe work party but I've neer been there and really don't want to chance that. I might try to come out to Evans anyway but if things get hairy I'll just turn around. Put me as a maybe but don't wait up for me at the chevron.
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #405
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

copy. I'm still in
Any one else coming, I'm happy to take a passenger if anyone else wants to tag along

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.