Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 03-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #241
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea
I am a PNW4WDA Region 1 delegate for my Jeep club and they keep us informed about what's happening at Reiter. Sounds like a lot has been happening:

1. The Snohomish county executive recently signed a zoning bill allowing ORV parks in the county. This clears the way for converting Reiter into an official ORV park someday.

2. State DNR has provided money for two signs at the two primary entrances to Reiter stating rules of conducts and designating the areas around the signs as official parking for the trails.

3. Snohomish County sheriff's dept has provided funding for a couple deputies to patrol Reiter. They have bought the officers some motorbikes for the patrols and given them off-road motorcycle training.

4. Local clubs in the area have been cataloging all the Jeep and motorbike trails and mapping them with GPS so they can be "officially recorded" by the DNR.

Looks like Reiter is heading toward becoming an ORV park at some point. Which I think is a good thing as it will give it some legitemate protection and legal stability. Currently it's a wild no-man's land where there's not a lot of law enforcement or patroling. As such the local ya-hoos use it as a dumping place and party central creating a bunch of problems for everyone. Once my club and I came across an un-attended burn pile and called the fire department. Their response was "yeah, we've been there".

Still, be prepared for the long-haul. The local clubs have been working to convert that area into an ORV park for a couple decades now. It may take almost that much longer seeing as everything moves at the speed of government.

Awesome info Jay.. Do you have any of the GPS stuff mapped personally? I work in Bothell and guys here at work want to plan a wheeling trip someday during the week, leaving work at noon.. As such I'm not sure how many others from here would be able to go and the only time I went, I followed Geoff and James and that was my first big Jeep run.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #242
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any body heading down to the Swap meeet at the puyallup fair?? I am like 2 minutes away so i am hoping to be picking up a lift and maybe some 31-32 inch tires. Right now my Jeep is stock, but once i get it lifted i hope to go up wheeling with a group. I am only going to have a 2.5 inch BB and a Bl but itll do good enough
2.25" budget boost, 1" Performance Accessories Body Lift, flowmaster 40 series, kenwood stero system, new front and rear bumpers,dual tops, and 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains, on unique black steelies, Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
Pyroteknik701 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #243
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroteknik701
Any body heading down to the Swap meeet at the puyallup fair?? I am like 2 minutes away so i am hoping to be picking up a lift and maybe some 31-32 inch tires. Right now my Jeep is stock, but once i get it lifted i hope to go up wheeling with a group. I am only going to have a 2.5 inch BB and a Bl but itll do good enough
my club has made the swapmeet an offical club run so we will be there. Im looking for aloty of stuff, time for a rebuild
Unread 03-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #244
yyoon

When is the swap meet?
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #245
jeepingeoff
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyoon
When is the swap meet?

It's 9 am to 4pm this sunday the 11th at the puyallup fair grounds, who all here is goin, i am goin, maybe we can all head down at roughly the same time, it would be nice to put some faces to names and talk wheelin!

thanks
geoff
jeepingeoff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #246
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I will probably be heading down there around 10 or so. I hope to buy some good stuff...I have had this jeep a week and it is money hungry....
2.25" budget boost, 1" Performance Accessories Body Lift, flowmaster 40 series, kenwood stero system, new front and rear bumpers,dual tops, and 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains, on unique black steelies, Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:58 AM   #247
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

oh i'm very in, and would be into meeting more folks that chat here

Rivka

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Rivka is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #248
yyoon

We should do breakfast somewhere near by the fairgrounds.
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #249
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Who knows the surrounding area and can pick out a breakfast spot, that sounds like a good plan? others up for that? Hopefull some place with a good parking lot to pile the jeeps into! Or within walking distance, but that is not nearly as much fun

Unread 03-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #250
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey another small thing to think about, some of us have noticed how hard it is to find one another when you go to a place that is natualy going to have other jeeps there. We have talked about tieing something to our jeeps in a really noticable spot (top of the anennee or such) that we could all then look for, rather than keep asking," you from JF?" to strangers. I have been chatting to Keith about makeing something for forum wide use. but that is farther off. Can we just pull together a home version for this weekend , if it starts to look like a larger group is getting together? Or am i just thinking too much this morning?

Unread 03-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #251
jeepingeoff
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hopefully james will post with some good breakfast places, he is from down there and knows the place well. I am leavin monroe at about 8 to hopefully be there about 9.
jeepingeoff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #252
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepingeoff
Hopefully james will post with some good breakfast places, he is from down there and knows the place well. I am leavin monroe at about 8 to hopefully be there about 9.
Haha... I don't eat in Puyallup much but there's a couple of decent breakfast places within a block of the fairgrounds: Cattin's and Jason's. Then there's also a Shari's just up the hill across from the mall.

First one that spots my Jeep there gets $100.

If you're planning on going to the swap meet, don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour on Saturday night before you go to sleep. Otherwise you'll be late!!

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012

Last edited by PhilipJ; 03-07-2007 at 06:27 PM..
PhilipJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #253
FooK
2002 WJ 

I am gonna be up there with a few friends on Sunday, we won't be in any Jeeps though.
Driver #1724 Team WP Jeepspeed
Co-Driver #36 ERS Rally Team
FooK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #254
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by useful_idiot
Haha... I don't eat in Puyallup much but there's a couple of decent breakfast places within a block of the fairgrounds: Cattin's and Jason's. Then there's also a Shari's just up the hill across from the mall.

First one that spots my Jeep there gets $100.

If you're planning on going to the swap meet, don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour on Saturday night before you go to sleep. Otherwise you'll be late!!
He pretty much got that, there is only those three and also a Denny's not to far, right up the backside of the fair But cattins is right across from the main gate....Or we could pull the Friday night Rice hangout (just on a Sunday morning) at the Krispy Kreme by the mall. Nad that would sound like a good idea about something to notice everybody. I think just tying something to the Antenna would be the easiest et, but not easiest to spot...What bout like an air freshener tree or something...Donno...
Unread 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #255
skidmark421
1994 ZJ 

Snohomish, Wa here.
Glad to hear some progress is being made on Reiter. Let's hope some progress is made on my Heep so I can go out and find something else I need to fix.

A little off topic, but... I was up at Reiter messing around and got into some headlight level water unintentionally. Lucky I didn't hydrolock. Over 2 weeks later the Heep died. I get a check engine light that won't flash a code and I'm getting fuel with no spark. Would going swimming cause my PCM to go out two weeks later?

Thanks - Skid
skidmark421 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.