Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #226
kercher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I find out monday if we are moving to Seattle! Looking forward to wheelin out there with you all

Unread 02-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #227
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kercher
I find out monday if we are moving to Seattle! Looking forward to wheelin out there with you all

Hope to add another Jeeper!
Unread 02-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #228
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yo all, I notice he hasn't posted here...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/jeep-stolen-n-tacoma-wa-380398/

Keep your eyes open. Most of you have wheeled with him before and know the man and the Jeep. Let's hope for a speedy recovery with minimal damage.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
Unread 02-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #229
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr
Yo all, I notice he hasn't posted here...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380398

Keep your eyes open. Most of you have wheeled with him before and know the man and the Jeep. Let's hope for a speedy recovery with minimal damage.

and I just saw his Jeep last week! Hopefully it comes back home safe. Think someone would take it out to Evan's or something?
Unread 02-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #230
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyoon
and I just saw his Jeep last week! Hopefully it comes back home safe. Think someone would take it out to Evan's or something?
I don't know. I'm going to do some driving around this evening when I get home. Spanaway, edgewood, etc. I don't mind driving my Jeep around anyway, and helping out a friend is the least I can do..

Unread 02-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #231
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

thieves f*#*ing suck I hope he gets his rig back in one piece soon
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:44 AM   #232
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Geoff, since I know you're into Reiter a lot, and the rest should take note too...

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/06/...wildsky001.cfm

All that area they are talking about includes the ORV park I was told..

Unread 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #233
Pyroteknik701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Im from Puyallup. Where do you guys do alot of your wheelin at..Im new to the whole Jeep thing...Transitioned from sports car to 4x4
2.25" budget boost, 1" Performance Accessories Body Lift, flowmaster 40 series, kenwood stero system, new front and rear bumpers,dual tops, and 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains, on unique black steelies, Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #234
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroteknik701
Im from Puyallup. Where do you guys do alot of your wheelin at..Im new to the whole Jeep thing...Transitioned from sports car to 4x4

Just a short drive for you! Evan's Creek ORV or a little further is Elbe Hills. Check out this thread. You'll see pics, links, all kinds of good info.
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #235
wsm04rubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey Geoff, since I know you're into Reiter a lot, and the rest should take note too...

It is hard to tell from looking at the map in that article, but I think most of Reiter Trails is outside the proposed wilderness area. Most of the trails are down closer to highway 2. The Lake Isabel trail might cross over the boundary, but I would need to see a more detailed map to be sure. If the map is accurate, I'm about 90% sure that the Index Wall trail does not cross over the boundary.

ROCK'D-N-LOCK'D
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #236
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsm04rubi
It is hard to tell from looking at the map in that article, but I think most of Reiter Trails is outside the proposed wilderness area. Most of the trails are down closer to highway 2. The Lake Isabel trail might cross over the boundary, but I would need to see a more detailed map to be sure. If the map is accurate, I'm about 90% sure that the Index Wall trail does not cross over the boundary.
From what I've heard the isabel trail will be closed from the log bridge up.
Unread 03-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #237
wsm04rubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood
That would stink

ROCK'D-N-LOCK'D
Unread 03-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #238
I FLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood
Thats where all the fun and technical stuff is. That sucks Eventhough i beat my rig up pretty bad on my last trip there.
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
Unread 03-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #239
jeepingeoff
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

hey thanks for the info,

yeah i have heard that reiter is ok, but some trails will be designated for different types of vehicles like quads and dirt bikes, like most of the other trail networks around washington. The index wall trail is already closed at the rocks about an 1/8 mile from the top, but this is a small sacrifice for keeping such an awesome are open. Also the lake Isabel trail from what i understand like others have said may be cut off just after the log bridge.

thanks
Geoff
Unread 03-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #240
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I am a PNW4WDA Region 1 delegate for my Jeep club and they keep us informed about what's happening at Reiter. Sounds like a lot has been happening:

1. The Snohomish county executive recently signed a zoning bill allowing ORV parks in the county. This clears the way for converting Reiter into an official ORV park someday.

2. State DNR has provided money for two signs at the two primary entrances to Reiter stating rules of conducts and designating the areas around the signs as official parking for the trails.

3. Snohomish County sheriff's dept has provided funding for a couple deputies to patrol Reiter. They have bought the officers some motorbikes for the patrols and given them off-road motorcycle training.

4. Local clubs in the area have been cataloging all the Jeep and motorbike trails and mapping them with GPS so they can be "officially recorded" by the DNR.

Looks like Reiter is heading toward becoming an ORV park at some point. Which I think is a good thing as it will give it some legitemate protection and legal stability. Currently it's a wild no-man's land where there's not a lot of law enforcement or patroling. As such the local ya-hoos use it as a dumping place and party central creating a bunch of problems for everyone. Once my club and I came across an un-attended burn pile and called the fire department. Their response was "yeah, we've been there".

Still, be prepared for the long-haul. The local clubs have been working to convert that area into an ORV park for a couple decades now. It may take almost that much longer seeing as everything moves at the speed of government.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.