Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #196
jbwolfish

wheeling on 10 FEB

We met up with a group with the intention of going to Evans Creek.....there was 4 of us.....we were the only ones with a YJ and leaf springs.....everybody else was in TJ's........the guys were great.....we ended up exploring and it wasn't until late in the afternoon that we actually made it in the back way to Evans Creek.....we hit one trail and then it was dark....and we mean dark and raining.....we loaded up our toy and the only damage was one extended hard fender flares had to be removed......we are putting flexible fender flares back on.....the other upgrade that is going to happen is a set of 33 or 32 super swampers.....we were running wild country and the sidewalls are just to flimsy.........To Jay, Jeff and Dave....if we got your names wrong we apologize.....Thanks for a great day and lets do it again.

jbwolfish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #197
sk8142
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Pullman, WA over here.
White Jeep curse member #2
1994 XJ 4.0L HO 87k miles
RE 2" BB
30x9.5 Cooper STT tires
AR 767 15x7 wheels
sk8142 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #198
paulp575
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8142
Pullman, WA over here.
If you don't mind coming up to the Spokane/CdA area, here's a calendar of 4x4 events in this area:

http://www.dog-walker.us/4x4Calendar/plans.cgi
=====================
Spokane WA
=========
Member of:
North Idaho Trail Blazers (NITB): http://www.nitrailblazers.org/
Washington Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance: http://www.wohva.org
EA WA ATV Association: http://www.ewatv.org/
paulp575 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #199
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Saturday was a lot of fun. As Jbwolfish said we didn't get ot Evan's Creek until late as we were exploring. But that exploration was still a lot of fun. Instead of heading to Evan's Creek right off the bat we headed up the Carbon River further and crossed back over at the Forest Service station/campground. From there a massive pile of debris blocked the road and proved the first of many obstacles.

On the way to Evan's Creek, though, we opted to run a side trail to the top of a water fall and log bridge. I Flex, Kizer and I ran this last year under 2-3 feet of snow. This time there was't much snow but there were a lot of downed trees. Here are a few pictures as a teaser.

Unread 02-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #200
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

OK, this is a for sure event........

I will be adding my BB/BL/MML Saturday, Feb 17, starting at NOON. We'll be in Seatac off of Exit 151 on I-5.

I will provide directions to those of you interested in coming, please just PM me or leave a note in the thread and I can PM you. Since it's not my house I don't want to leave the address out for the world to see.

I will provide beverages (we have a fridge in the shop) and then probably order pizza in the early afternoon. All are welcome, if anything it can be a Meet and Greet.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2007, 01:18 AM   #201
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr
OK, this is a for sure event........

I will be adding my BB/BL/MML Saturday, Feb 17, starting at NOON. We'll be in Seatac off of Exit 151 on I-5.

I will provide directions to those of you interested in coming, please just PM me or leave a note in the thread and I can PM you. Since it's not my house I don't want to leave the address out for the world to see.

I will provide beverages (we have a fridge in the shop) and then probably order pizza in the early afternoon. All are welcome, if anything it can be a Meet and Greet.

Actually I take that back, we'll start at 10am.. A little earlier start time so we can get it going and done ASAP. It's rough waiting that long as it is! Plus then everyone can have the night free!

Unread 02-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #202
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know if I can make it as that's the weekend my wife and I are celebrating our aniversary. However, I would recommend you install the BL/MML first.

The Jeep will be closer to the bround prior to the BB and it'll be easier lifting the body if you need to use a floor jack.

Also, take the driver's side enging mount and engine bracket off the block together. Support the engine. Loosen the cross-bolt on the engine mount, and unbolt the engine block bracket and the engine mount-to-chassis connection. Then snake out the assembly. I find it muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch easier doing that than trying to fight with a long bolt in a cramped area.
Unread 02-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #203
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea
Don't know if I can make it as that's the weekend my wife and I are celebrating our aniversary. However, I would recommend you install the BL/MML first.

The Jeep will be closer to the bround prior to the BB and it'll be easier lifting the body if you need to use a floor jack.

Also, take the driver's side enging mount and engine bracket off the block together. Support the engine. Loosen the cross-bolt on the engine mount, and unbolt the engine block bracket and the engine mount-to-chassis connection. Then snake out the assembly. I find it muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch easier doing that than trying to fight with a long bolt in a cramped area.
Sweeet, thanks for the info.. I just got my order in from Northridge. He sent over the BMML, which is fine since my Jeep is new enough to not have any motor mount issues.

The problem will be waiting until Saturday to get it all on. Anyone have plans on Thursday after work? Or Friday even?

BTW Jay, awesome photoshopping you always do.. Looks great!

-Craig

Unread 02-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #204
yyoon

Quote:
Sweeet, thanks for the info.. I just got my order in from Northridge. He sent over the BMML, which is fine since my Jeep is new enough to not have any motor mount issues.

The problem will be waiting until Saturday to get it all on. Anyone have plans on Thursday after work? Or Friday even?

BTW Jay, awesome photoshopping you always do.. Looks great!

-Craig

I could probably help Thursday after work. I'm busy on Friday and Saturday.

Young
Unread 02-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #205
I FLEX

Hey Jay, i meant to ask how did the new Sway-loc perfom, as well as your new shocks and springs...? Did you also get that rear track bar problem solved?
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
I FLEX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #206
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

yyoon and myself will be wrenching on my BL/MML tomorrow night at 5pm. If any of you want to stop by. Then I will do the BB Saturday. Should be fun times, I can't wait to get this thing in the air!

Unread 02-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #207
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
yyoon and myself will be wrenching on my BL/MML tomorrow night at 5pm. If any of you want to stop by. Then I will do the BB Saturday. Should be fun times, I can't wait to get this thing in the air!
I might swing by Thursday after work to do my diffs, distributor cap and rotor... as well as offer my morale support. I should be free all day Saturday, the party date has been changed to next weekend.
Don't get it too high in the air... fat chicks won't be able to get in!! Oh wait... !!
PhilipJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #208
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by useful_idiot
I might swing by Thursday after work to do my diffs, distributor cap and rotor... as well as offer my morale support. I should be free all day Saturday, the party date has been changed to next weekend.
Don't get it too high in the air... fat chicks won't be able to get in!! Oh wait... !!

Sweet, so you can help me with the BB. I'm going to buy a new floor jack before heading over too. I'm tired of old "Leaky" and don't want to have to sit there jacking on it for 20 minutes to get it 6" in the air.

Good thing the girl is only about a buck thirty. No sag on the coils.

Unread 02-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #209
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'm tired of old "Leaky" and don't want to have to sit there jacking on it for 20 minutes to get it 6" in the air.
That's what the g/f is for I thought?

BB @ 10 AM... unless something else component-critical takes a dump in my Jeep, I'll be there bright and ugly.
PhilipJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #210
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by useful_idiot
That's what the g/f is for I thought?

BB @ 10 AM... unless something else component-critical takes a dump in my Jeep, I'll be there bright and ugly.

Yup. I'll bring donuts and OJ..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.