Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 02-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #181
FleetPlans.com
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Grapeview checking in........

Grapeview is in Mason County - near Belfair. (Which is 15 miles from Bremerton)

I was bored today and went to the DNR's ORV Park that's near Belfair.

I checked out the 4x4 course and had a great time.

Since it was the middle of the week, I was the only one there. The course is on State DNR land and is open to the public for no charge.

Since I was by myself and my stock '00 TJ Sport has open differentials and balding Goodyear GSAs, it didn't take too long before I fugured that I may be in over my head.

For those of you that have more capable rigs, it looked like it would be a fun course to complete.

If anyone wants more info, just post a message and I'll try to provide better information on how to get there.

Unread 02-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #182
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, i am sick of sitting on my ***, and would love to get a bit greasy, I'm sure we all have our little or big spring list starting to form. I know i have a few parts that need to go on and a few parts that need to be serviced or tweaked. So count me in for in for any wrench fest, I have done or helped do most of the basics. I'm I-5 mile mark 120.

Rivka

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Unread 02-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #183
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I cant wait to wheel topless and doorless!

ok, I'm going to say it,to all you folks...wuss.

There I said it. no offense, just a friendly poking from the girl who has not swapped out her safari top for anything but some summer sun since last march!

What's a little snow in exchange for fresh air?

Rivka
PS there is nothing in life a good scarf and heaters can't solve!

Unread 02-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #184
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka

There I said it. no offense, just a friendly poking from the girl who has not swapped out her safari top for anything but some summer sun since last march!

Rivka

I think there may be a small group heading out this weekend. I can go if it's on Sunday.
Unread 02-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #185
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyoon
I think there may be a small group heading out this weekend. I can go if it's on Sunday.

heading out for wheeling or wrenching? and if it is wheeling, where?

Unread 02-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #186
I FLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka

Rivka

Ha thats the thing, my heater doesnt work and a scarf is not "Manly" enough for me. I tuff it in a jacket. Then again i dont have A/C so i dont want it to get too hot either, like not above 85 degrees.
RE.BB with RE3.5 shocks | Anti-Rock
My Jeep (they are some what updated)

Best Vendor, great prices!!!
Unread 02-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #187
MukYJ
Pronounced "Mucky J"

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just saying hello from Edmonds, WA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.
Unread 02-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #188
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Those of you that have done them before, how long would it take to do a BL/MML/BB (inc shocks and JKS Quick discos)? That's all I'm going to end up doing in the shop and want to plan a start time next Saturday that is good for everyone, yet not too early so we can sleep in

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
Unread 02-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #189
jbwolfish

PNW wheeling Sat 10 Feb

We are gonna load the toy up and we are thinking of going to Evans Creek.....if there is a group going out we would love to join.......just let us know when and where......we are anxious to see how our mods work.....

J&B
Unread 02-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #190
jbwolfish

Wrench'n

Body lift is easy provided that you don't break any bolts and there are none rusted so bad that you end up breaking..typical 2 person job no issues 2 hours....The JKS disco are easy provided you are a welder and or know a welder.....1 hr....I can't say on the suspension...never had coils....
Unread 02-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #191
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwolfish
The JKS disco are easy provided you are a welder and or know a welder...

Welder? The sway bar disco's are bolt and pin connected, so I figure it shouldn't take too long. All together I was thinking 4-6 hours..

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
Unread 02-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #192
jonster
2014 JK Wrangler 

4-6 hours is about right. Don't know why you would need a welder to install JKS Discos - just a pickle fork and a big hammer.
Unread 02-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #193
yyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwolfish
We are gonna load the toy up and we are thinking of going to Evans Creek.....if there is a group going out we would love to join.......just let us know when and where......we are anxious to see how our mods work.....

J&B
So you're heading out Sat or Sun?
Unread 02-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #194
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the last minute announcement and I don't mean to hog your trip, Jbwolfish, but . . .

Evan's Creek Shoutout
A couple of guys from my club are heading down to Evan's Creek tomorrow (Saturday). We will be LEAVING at 8:30am SATURDAY from the Chevron station in Burnett:

Google or mapquest the following meeting point:

14204 SR 165 E.
Buckley, WA 98321

If anyone is doing their own run and needs directions on getting from the Chevron station to Evan's Creek trail head click here.

JBwolfish, maybe we'll see you there or maybe somewhere on the trails if you want to do your own run. But we'll be in the area.

Travel Times
If there are people who haven't been to Evan's Creek, you can probably factor the following for travel times.

Bellevue, South Seattle = 1 hr
Kent, Auburn, Puyallup, Tacoma = 30 min
Kenmore, Bothell, Woodinville = 1.5 hr

Trail Conditions
No guarantees on this expedition. My understanding is there is snow up there. A group who ran up about 2 weeks ago reported a soft, slippery powdery snow under a icy crust topped with about a foot of fresh snow. And that once the icy crust was broken through the power just wouldn't compress and offered zero traction.

If we can make it to Evan's Creek we'll try to run the lower trails which hopfully won't have too much snow due to tree cover. The upper ones may be under too much snow (4000+ ft elev).

If Evan's Creek is a bust we might try some other trails or snowed in roads up in the general area.

The bottom line is that with our group it may be a bit of an exploratory trip that will be very dependent on trail conditions.
Unread 02-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #195
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did anyong go to evans today? how was it? I wanted to go but I had to finish working on a buddy's t-case and then had to go to work

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.