Pacific Northwest people check in! - Page 105 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Pacific Northwest people check in!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 11-14-2007, 09:42 PM   #1561
deltabravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by enil01
Hey Delta what camera mount do you have?
I'm using RAM mounts I bought from www.cycoactive.com

This page:
http://www.dualsport.info/rigs/tj/gps/index.htm shows a few pics of the GPS set-up, which uses the same roll bar mount. Also I use the ram SWIVEL arm (the short one) and a ball mount with a flat plate and stud on it (a lot like a tripod for a camera)

this:

Unread 11-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #1562
lbsnowryder
One notch above Redneck!!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like this thread got carried away, i couldn't read it all.

Meridian, ID checking in.

I own a Jeep, it's red and has big tires

Radical Pictures
Unread 11-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #1563
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAndy
I heard you need locker/s and a winch on the Kaner Flats trail
Ummm......

I haven't run Kaner Flats trail in the snow but I've been up it several times, once in the pitch black darkness around mid-night. Even the guys with open diffs didn't have problems. But this was during the summer in the dry. There are certainly some very steep sections of trail that if wet I could see being a real challenge. To say nothing if there was snow covering the trail. Plus, I think one section has been re-routed slightly to avoid making some mud pits worse, IIRC, the new route goes between two trees that I did need to winch through last time. But who knows, things could have changed since I last ran the trail.

I'd definitely recommend that at least someone in the group (never wheel alone) have a winch, no mater what trail you're running.

Deltabravo . . . very cool photos. I like the one of the two trees at sunset. Earlier this summer my club did a Naches-Manastash Ridge-Liberty run over the course of a 3 day, 2 night expedition. It was a blast.

Perhaps next year the JF group might get together for another such run?
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #1564
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks lupinsea, I've read all your trip reports, awesome. On our 1st time out wheeling, I lost my manhood chickening out on the 1st uphill right after the KF trail #s change. We were solo at the time. After I backed down, 2 willys just putterd up! Embarrassing! They couldv'e had lockers though. It'd be great to get out together.
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #1565
redjeepguy1

Very nice photos and trip reports!!
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #1566
redjeepguy1

what's the name of the website that lists some of the trails around naches, etc... i thought it was nwjeepin or something like that, but i can't remember.
help!!
Unread 11-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #1567
enil01
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeepguy1
what's the name of the website that lists some of the trails around naches, etc... i thought it was nwjeepin or something like that, but i can't remember.
help!!

http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm

[CENTER]_|_
--X-X-(_)-X-X--
<->
<3 EP-3Es[/CENTER]
Unread 11-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #1568
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We went to Reiter yesterday, Here is a link to pics
http://rnl.jeepcrossing.com/rtnov07.htm
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #1569
freedom5
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood
We went to Reiter yesterday, Here is a link to pics
http://rnl.jeepcrossing.com/rtnov07.htm
2 step and rino land fun trails. Did you guy hit sacup too?
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #1570
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom5
2 step and rino land fun trails. Did you guy hit sacup too?
Yep it was a good day of wheeling
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #1571
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ha. . . funny.

Some guys from my club and I were at Reiter yesterday, too. Partly to do more GPS mapping. I'm getting a pretty nicely developed trail map.

Jonwood, what rig were you. We passed many that day, maybe we saw you there. I was in a yellow TJ with a black and metallic blue TJ with me. We hit some of the lower trails around Reiter Pond and south of Sand Hill in the woods just to map them, then I got myself entangled at the northern end of the Rock Garden, then we did another trail that returned us to the Rock Garden.

After that we hit Lake Isabel trail. Played in May Creek at bit at the lower water crossings. Then had to pull off to the side for 15 minutes as about 10 Jeeps came down the mountain towing some guy's busted Jeep.

After they passed we reached the end of the trail and hiked up to Lake Isabel itself. That was the first time I had been up there after running that trail for 2 years.

A few pictures below. . . but check out the full report in the link above.

Click to enlarge.

Freedom5, I'm still not sure where the Rino Land trail is. I may have been on it but I'm not sure. I know we didn't hit Sac Up. We did run the Index Wall trail in the dark. Good thing, too, because we came across some goof in a white pick-up truck stuck up to his wheel wells in a muddy tank trap. No winch, no shovel, no other people out with him, and no one around. We winched him out. What a goof.
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #1572
yyoon

Jay, I saw you in Monroe. I was at the 76 station with a couple guys fromt he club.
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:40 PM   #1573
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dang, sorry I missed you. There was A TON of Jeepers and others out there with their 4x4 rigs. There was a bunch in Monroe I saw, a bunch more in Sultan, more in Gold Bar . . . all heading toward Reiter.

Then all the rigs I saw on the trail too.
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #1574
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lupinsea,

Rhino goes into the rock garden (I think?) I dont remember seeing you out there but it looks like we were on different sides, WOW the river to Izzy looks deep and fast from your pics

I was in this
Unread 11-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #1575
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hm. . . your rig looks sort of familiar. I might have passed you on the gravel road to the Index Wall Trail at one point? Or somewhere. . . wait! Maybe it WAS on the power line trail.

BTW, what's the best line for getting through that rock in your photo? Last time I tried to set my tire on the low side of the groove but I think I missed things by about 10" and my balance wasn't quite right. . . .

Photo from mid october

I think I should have been further up the rock so that the difference in angles between all the facets wouldn't have been as severe. There's a notch toward the up hill side that I think i should have placed my tire in. Then, as I'd be hitting the second rock slope things wouldn't have been as dramatic. I actually have the articulation, I think, but it's not apparent in in this photo (again, due to balance issues).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.