Looking for the knight in shining armor who gave me a "tow" in Lakewood on April 14th - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Looking for the knight in shining armor who gave me a "tow" in Lakewood on April 14th

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
b3nj4m1n
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteDriver View Post
About two months ago around 10:30 at night I saw a woman in a Mustang pull off to the side of the road and flip on her hazards (I was going the other way). In Woodinville off of Avondale. I pulled a u-turn, got out and asked her if she needed any help. Turns out she was out of gas.

But apparently old fat white guys in the suburbs are THE new terror threat, because she acted like I was holding a bloody axe or something. Barely cracked the window and then said she'd already called a bunch of her male friends (and she emphasized male) and they were right behind her and would be here any minute.

Anyway, I could tell she was freaked out, so I said ok, and pointed out that there was a gas station just around the corner if she needed to walk to one, even though you couldn't see it, and went home. Disappointed that people would get freaked out by an offer of help.

So kudos to xeniac for not only being appreciative, but proactive. Hope you find your knight.

BTW, I always stop if I see someone in distress. We all should - would make things a better place.

At least until I get rolled late one night by someone playing possum...then I swear it's ON!
she wouldn't have been scared if you had some bud light

[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7aO3TO5L0bM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7aO3TO5L0bM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." -Mark Twain
b3nj4m1n is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
green_jeep93
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i never really get hassled too much when i stop to help with my other car... i think that part of it is based on what you are driving as well as what you look like... big, beefy jeeps look a lot more intimidating than a silver 2001 toyota echo...

also on another forum with a silver 2001 toyota echo
other forum www.nwtuner.com hit me up over there... silver_echo
green_jeep93 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
xeniac

That may be, but a "manly" type vehicle might give you more credibility in the sense that you MUST know something about fixing vehicles lol.
xeniac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #19
green_jeep93
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeniac View Post
That may be, but a "manly" type vehicle might give you more credibility in the sense that you MUST know something about fixing vehicles lol.
true true....

Unread 04-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #20
ReconBen
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Everytime i pull over to help someone (in washington, but in Vancouver) people are always gracious. but then again i am 18 and have gov't stickers on my jeep so most assume i am a nice enough person. it ussually takes for ever for someone to help me though. espeically when stranded on I-5.
ReconBen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
green_jeep93
1993 XJ Cherokee 

yeah, i usually try to stop to help whenever i have time, but NOBODY ever stops to help when i need it...

Unread 04-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #22
xeniac

Just wanted to thank everyone who has messaged me with ideas for other places to look. No luck yet, but you never know!
Unread 04-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #23
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

I got a chance to stop a few weeks back to help someone who was out of gas. I've been wanting an excuse to use my TJ tub trailer's gas tank so when I saw this older red Corolla I whipped over to the side of the freeway. I think this lady thought I was weird for being all excited about helping, she was looking at me really weird. I pulled the trailer up beside her, hooked up the power wire to the back of my jeep, stuck the hose in her tank (don't say it), flicked the switch, and voila! Gas started flowing! Gave her 3 gallons to get her going again and took off.

(I installed a factory 19 gallon gas tank back into the bottom of my TJ trailer, wired up a factory fuel pump, and ran a hose into the bed of the trailer so I have a mobile fueling station. Great for weekend trips into the forest or just filling my lawn mower.)

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #24
PolloLoco
need more lemon pledge

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm stationed at Ft. Lewis, live near Bridgeport and Gravelly Lake Dr., and drive a dark blue Jeep. Too bad it's spent the past 12 months on the POV storage lot and I've been in Iraq for that time.
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #25
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The guys are right, when a female pokes their head in it's kind of hilarious. Kind of like a working man's bar and a new female to the area walking in. Same idea.

Xeniac, good to hear it all turned out for you.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #26
xeniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
I'm stationed at Ft. Lewis, live near Bridgeport and Gravelly Lake Dr., and drive a dark blue Jeep. Too bad it's spent the past 12 months on the POV storage lot and I've been in Iraq for that time.
I'm sorry about that ! Take care of yourself over there
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #27
xeniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy1977 View Post
The guys are right, when a female pokes their head in it's kind of hilarious. Kind of like a working man's bar and a new female to the area walking in. Same idea.

Xeniac, good to hear it all turned out for you.
I know it kind of reminds me of the time when a bunch of us girls went to Yakima for a bachelorette party and got a round of applause from all the guys in the bar we walked into. Are there no women in Yakima? lol

Yes I got lucky and maybe my luck will continue and I'll find the guy
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #28
89xjchris
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe try the wrangler forum or GD, that might be better but idk good luck
can we just keep our ****ing comments to ourselves about whats a jeep and what isnt. Whether you like it or not its a jeep and he's on jeepforum. Jeeps are like boobs, some are big, some are small, some look fake and some look real, but they are still boobs so get the **** over it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyman1 View Post
Use duct tape. That always quiets the lady's down when they start kicking and screaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterdad View Post
And remember, anything that is camo is not gay.
89xjchris is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #29
xeniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89xjchris View Post
Maybe try the wrangler forum or GD, that might be better but idk good luck
I actually did post on the wrangler forum. Have no idea what GD is though.
Unread 04-25-2009, 06:46 AM   #30
redjeepguy1

GD= "general discussion" forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.