Looking for the knight in shining armor who gave me a "tow" in Lakewood on April 14th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > Looking for the knight in shining armor who gave me a "tow" in Lakewood on April 14th

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 04-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
xeniac

Looking for the knight in shining armor who gave me a "tow" in Lakewood on April 14th

It was off of Bridgeport, you were driving a dark Jeep Wrangler with a winch on the front. Wearing jeans, a dark pea coat, and a cap. Couldn't see your hair but you had brown facial hair. I'm blonde, was dressed in blue. My car was perched rather precariously off of a high curb and I was waiting for a tow truck with a very kind old man who wanted to see if I needed help.

First of all, thank you again SO much! You wouldn't take anything for your efforts except for a hug, and after I drove off I felt bad that I didn't even offer to buy you dinner or something... I'd like to do that. And honestly, you were super cute so if you are single I'd love to do it more than once. If you're that guy or think you know who that guy is please contact me. Oh and be able to tell me the color or your vehicle and at the very least the color of mine. You have no idea how weird I feel posting this, but I just had a feeling as I drove away

Last edited by xeniac; 04-16-2009 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: grammar check
Unread 04-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
b3nj4m1n
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i need a winch.....

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." -Mark Twain
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
cadencedad
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Boy the mail your goin to get..
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
xeniac

So it would seem lol
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm moving to washington...

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
hend040
2002 TJ Wrangler 

stuck

well i guess its not just a rep thing its seems as if people outside of jersey are genuinely nicer people lol offering help with nothing in return is highly unlikely in the good ol state of nj
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

I need to paint my jeep a darker shade of blue
Unread 04-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
xeniac

Hmm well I guess my ability to provide something resembling entertainment with my post is sort of paying it forward, lol. Although I have to admit when I lived in NJ I ran across a lot of very kind people....
Unread 04-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

It was me. Don't mind the fact that my Jeep is not dark, not a Wrangler, I don't have a winch, or that I'm currently in Montana fool you. You're welcome.

And yes, this is very entertaining. This forum is 99% male, so whenever a girl comes anywhere near this place, it's pretty amusing.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
Unread 04-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #10
xeniac

Glad to be of service
Unread 04-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
I'm moving to washington...
Yeah come join the sausage-fest; great fun.

I sat on the side of the road for 4 hours once on 167-N when my u-joint let go before some guy finally pulled over to help. I lost count of the number of tow trucks and cops that just blew by without a care. This area sucks when it comes to helpful strangers.

If only my YJ hand't been stolen... that could have been me.
Unread 04-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #12
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

About two months ago around 10:30 at night I saw a woman in a Mustang pull off to the side of the road and flip on her hazards (I was going the other way). In Woodinville off of Avondale. I pulled a u-turn, got out and asked her if she needed any help. Turns out she was out of gas.

But apparently old fat white guys in the suburbs are THE new terror threat, because she acted like I was holding a bloody axe or something. Barely cracked the window and then said she'd already called a bunch of her male friends (and she emphasized male) and they were right behind her and would be here any minute.

Anyway, I could tell she was freaked out, so I said ok, and pointed out that there was a gas station just around the corner if she needed to walk to one, even though you couldn't see it, and went home. Disappointed that people would get freaked out by an offer of help.

So kudos to xeniac for not only being appreciative, but proactive. Hope you find your knight.

BTW, I always stop if I see someone in distress. We all should - would make things a better place.

At least until I get rolled late one night by someone playing possum...then I swear it's ON!
Unread 04-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
xeniac

Thanks guys for all the input! It's tough as a woman, to decide who to trust in which situation, as you can appreciate I'm sure. I've been pretty lucky; I'm kind of a klutz and I run into a lot of really nice people that way lol. Even in NJ, when some poor guy crossed 6 lanes of traffic on Hwy 17 so he could return the WHEEL that had flown off my car in and sent me careening across 4 lanes of traffic before my poor car landed on its axle on an off ramp... And good advice on finding other forums and trying to be more descriptive. I don't know much about cars.. all Jeep Wranglers just look cute to me (I'm sure I will get shot for that comment) but it might have been an LJ, TJ, or YJ.. I don't think it was more than 10 years old though.
Unread 04-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #14
xeniac

Oh and btw, girls do stop too lol... We just have to be more careful. Many times, I've stopped to help really old people and kids or women with kids. That's about as brave as you get when you don't have a sausage hehehehe.
Unread 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #15
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
This is common for Jeepers
We may bicker once in a while but we do unite and help, during times of Jeep need.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.