JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   North West USA (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f157/)
-   -   Looking for the knight in shining armor who gave me a "tow" in Lakewood on April 14th (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f157/looking-knight-shining-armor-who-gave-me-tow-lakewood-april-14th-754489/)

xeniac 04-16-2009 12:23 AM

Looking for the knight in shining armor who gave me a "tow" in Lakewood on April 14th

It was off of Bridgeport, you were driving a dark Jeep Wrangler with a winch on the front. Wearing jeans, a dark pea coat, and a cap. Couldn't see your hair but you had brown facial hair. I'm blonde, was dressed in blue. My car was perched rather precariously off of a high curb and I was waiting for a tow truck with a very kind old man who wanted to see if I needed help.

First of all, thank you again SO much! You wouldn't take anything for your efforts except for a hug, and after I drove off I felt bad that I didn't even offer to buy you dinner or something... I'd like to do that. And honestly, you were super cute so if you are single I'd love to do it more than once. If you're that guy or think you know who that guy is please contact me. Oh and be able to tell me the color or your vehicle and at the very least the color of mine. You have no idea how weird I feel posting this, but I just had a feeling as I drove away :)

b3nj4m1n 04-16-2009 06:56 PM

i need a winch.....

:laugh:

cadencedad 04-16-2009 07:03 PM

:PopCorn:Boy the mail your goin to get..:wave:

xeniac 04-16-2009 07:50 PM

So it would seem lol :)

Apex 04-16-2009 07:58 PM

I'm moving to washington...

hend040 04-16-2009 08:02 PM

stuck

well i guess its not just a rep thing its seems as if people outside of jersey are genuinely nicer people lol offering help with nothing in return is highly unlikely in the good ol state of nj

BaddAndy 04-16-2009 08:27 PM

I need to paint my jeep a darker shade of blue

xeniac 04-16-2009 09:11 PM

Hmm well I guess my ability to provide something resembling entertainment with my post is sort of paying it forward, lol. Although I have to admit when I lived in NJ I ran across a lot of very kind people....

CrazyWalnut13 04-16-2009 10:31 PM

It was me. Don't mind the fact that my Jeep is not dark, not a Wrangler, I don't have a winch, or that I'm currently in Montana fool you. You're welcome.

And yes, this is very entertaining. This forum is 99% male, so whenever a girl comes anywhere near this place, it's pretty amusing.

xeniac 04-17-2009 12:54 AM

Glad to be of service :)

PhilipJ 04-17-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex (Post 7031405)
I'm moving to washington...

Yeah come join the sausage-fest; great fun.

I sat on the side of the road for 4 hours once on 167-N when my u-joint let go before some guy finally pulled over to help. I lost count of the number of tow trucks and cops that just blew by without a care. This area sucks when it comes to helpful strangers.

If only my YJ hand't been stolen... that could have been me. :pout:

ChicagoGuy 04-17-2009 04:42 PM

About two months ago around 10:30 at night I saw a woman in a Mustang pull off to the side of the road and flip on her hazards (I was going the other way). In Woodinville off of Avondale. I pulled a u-turn, got out and asked her if she needed any help. Turns out she was out of gas.

But apparently old fat white guys in the suburbs are THE new terror threat, because she acted like I was holding a bloody axe or something. Barely cracked the window and then said she'd already called a bunch of her male friends (and she emphasized male) and they were right behind her and would be here any minute.

Anyway, I could tell she was freaked out, so I said ok, and pointed out that there was a gas station just around the corner if she needed to walk to one, even though you couldn't see it, and went home. Disappointed that people would get freaked out by an offer of help.

So kudos to xeniac for not only being appreciative, but proactive. Hope you find your knight. :2thumbsup:

BTW, I always stop if I see someone in distress. We all should - would make things a better place.

At least until I get rolled late one night by someone playing possum...then I swear it's ON! ;)

xeniac 04-17-2009 05:04 PM

Thanks guys for all the input! It's tough as a woman, to decide who to trust in which situation, as you can appreciate I'm sure. I've been pretty lucky; I'm kind of a klutz and I run into a lot of really nice people that way lol. Even in NJ, when some poor guy crossed 6 lanes of traffic on Hwy 17 so he could return the WHEEL that had flown off my car in and sent me careening across 4 lanes of traffic before my poor car landed on its axle on an off ramp... And good advice on finding other forums and trying to be more descriptive. I don't know much about cars.. all Jeep Wranglers just look cute to me (I'm sure I will get shot for that comment) but it might have been an LJ, TJ, or YJ.. I don't think it was more than 10 years old though.

xeniac 04-17-2009 05:05 PM

Oh and btw, girls do stop too lol... We just have to be more careful. Many times, I've stopped to help really old people and kids or women with kids. That's about as brave as you get when you don't have a sausage hehehehe.

IslandTJ 04-17-2009 05:40 PM

This is common for Jeepers :thumbsup:
We may bicker once in a while but we do unite and help, during times of Jeep need.

The time now is 09:18 PM.