JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   North West USA (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f157/)
-   -   Americas 2011 - Open Invitation (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f157/americas-2011-open-invitation-1118315/)

Vizoo 10-21-2010 02:25 PM

Americas 2011 - Open Invitation

So I will finally do my dream trip. My son and I will endure this expedition across the three americas next year.

I have post a thread asking for advice/opinions, the link is here.

We will departure from Miami in June 2011 and this post is to show you guys our route and details and to make an open invitation to everyone willing to be part of it in some way...
If you want to meet us on the way;
If you want to come along part of the way;
If you want take us along with your buddies for a local ride;
If you want to give us shelter
Just send us an email and we will be in touch! You have plenty of time to find a good excuse to join us :-)

Expedition Main Page

Renato Costanzo
americas2011@yahoo.com

ReconBen 10-22-2010 02:11 AM

Your coming threw my town. It appears. I can probably let you crash for a night, that is still really far off however. You'll have to keep me updated. And I will do the same. and who knows maybe I will follow or join part of the way towards alaska.

Vizoo 10-22-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReconBen (Post 10322650)
... and who knows maybe I will follow or join part of the way towards alaska.

That would be great!! Although it is only my son and I in just one car I have started to post and make contacts well in advance so I can have friends joining along the way. I will just ask you to please send me an email so I can have yours on my list, it will be very complicated to keep track of everybody without a unified list.

:highfive:

Rubydak 10-22-2010 10:16 PM

You will be coming right by our place in Vancouver Wa. We have room and would be happy to help out. Let us know about when you would be here and we will roll out the red carpet. Let us know what we can do. We can offer you great NW cuisine, shelter, laundry and site seeing. We live in an extraordinary area with many wonderful places to see and things to do. I also have a well supplied shop where you can do maintainance and repair work on your JK if needed.

FYI

You can drive all the way through Oregon and Washington OFF ROAD!

ReconBen 10-22-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubydak (Post 10327278)
You will be coming right by our place in Vancouver Wa. We have room and would be happy to help out. Let us know about when you would be here and we will roll out the red carpet. Let us know what we can do. We can offer you great NW cuisine, shelter, laundry and site seeing. We live in an extraordinary area with many wonderful places to see and things to do. I also have a well supplied shop where you can do maintainance and repair work on your JK if needed.

FYI

You can drive all the way through Oregon and Washington OFF ROAD!

Well I am from Vancouver as well. But it seems he can offer much more. I still may tag along and folloe you two part of the way though. :cheers2:

Vizoo 10-24-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Let us know about when you would be here and we will roll out the red carpet.

Talk about warm reception!! Still 8 months to start the trip and I already have two friends all that far from home!!

Quote:

a well supplied shop where you can do maintainance and repair work on your JK if needed.

It might be just about time for an oil and filter change, thanks, I will bring the sixpack :cheers2:

Quote:

FYI You can drive all the way through Oregon and Washington OFF ROAD!

This is what I was looking for, if you have a .KMZ or a Garmin gps file, do tell!. I was also planing to get the Carson River Valley north to Gifford Pinchot National Forest and Mt. Rainier Nat. Park before going to Seattle and maybe get the ferry to the AK Marine Hwy. Have you done this?

Vizoo 10-24-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReconBen (Post 10327389)
Well I am from Vancouver as well. But it seems he can offer much more. I still may tag along and folloe you two part of the way though. :cheers2:

You mean you are both from the same area, both offroaders, both of the same forum and you needed a guy from Brazil to introduce you to each other?? :laugh:

Still to early but when time comes will need to know how far you plan to go to decide on getting the ferry on the way up or returning.

rgds,

Renato

Vizoo 10-24-2010 11:04 PM

My sister noticed that the video was not working on the expedition main page after I updated it. I little mistake I made, it is corrected now.

ReconBen 10-24-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizoo (Post 10335920)
You mean you are both from the same area, both offroaders, both of the same forum and you needed a guy from Brazil to introduce you to each other?? :laugh:

Still to early but when time comes will need to know how far you plan to go to decide on getting the ferry on the way up or returning.

rgds,

Renato

third biggest city in Washington. 2.2million people in our PDX/Vancouver metro(08 census). lol, Add that with me doing computer work on a graveyard shift, I dont meet many people I would like to from the area. :laugh:

Vizoo 10-25-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReconBen (Post 10336065)
third biggest city in Washington. 2.2million people in our PDX/Vancouver metro(08 census). lol, Add that with me doing computer work on a graveyard shift, I dont meet many people I would like to from the area. :laugh:

I see... So let's schedulle a pizza the four of us !! :2thumbsup:

Rubydak 10-26-2010 05:48 AM

Oregon Back Country Discovery RouteFor the Oregon side see this website.

Off Road Motorcycle Tour - Washington Backcountry Discovery Route
For the Washington side see this one.

sdmoose429 10-28-2010 10:10 AM

Vizoo,

I live in the Portland area just across the Columbia from Recon Ben (in fact we know each other well) and teach auto tech at a local high school (that also has a fully equiped shop for maintenance). My students would LOVE to hear some of your adventures, as would the members of the school car club and of my jeep club, Pistons Wild. We could all meet at my shop, have some pizza, and share your stories. My classroom can hold about 40 people.

While you are here, Ben, Rubydak, and I could take to some of the local trails. You might even like snow-wheeling. There is plenty of time to arrange everything. You'll find that the people here in the great Northwast are very friendly. You are going to get many offers.:tea:

Vizoo 10-28-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmoose429 (Post 10355367)
My students would LOVE to hear some of your adventures, as would the members of the school car club and of my jeep club, Pistons Wild.

Hi Moose, and I will be more then pleased to do so, count on me.
"Pied Piper Pizza" Is this the place? :cheers2:

Quote:

While you are here, Ben, Rubydak, and I could take to some of the local trails. You might even like snow-wheeling.

Its a deal, I've been on some snow trails close to Lake Tahoe but have two Grand Cherokees with all the family and the kids always wanted to go skiing so I did not really had an off road time.

Quote:

There is plenty of time to arrange everything. You'll find that the people here in the great Northwast are very friendly.

I am starting to get this impression :) It is a common saying that as soon as you meet a carioca (person born in Rio de Janeiro) he has been your friend for years... :highfive:

If you haven't done it yet, please send me an email so I can add you to my contact list: americas2011@yahoo.com

sdmoose429 10-30-2010 06:48 PM

Pied Peper is where PW meets. My school is in Troutdale, Oregon. Reynolds High school. Our Hospitality class makes great pizza to order for our needs. Here is my website: Automotive - Reynolds High School. I'll email you, too.

Vizoo 10-31-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmoose429 (Post 10367353)
My school is in Troutdale, Oregon. Reynolds High school. Here is my website: Automotive - Reynolds High School

Just been on the website, very nice. I liked havig the classes divided in three courses.
Tell the Hospitality class: Bufallo mozzarela, ham, boiled egg and green olives. :2thumbsup:

The time now is 12:02 AM.