99 tj Hardtop rain gutter mount ski rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North West USA > 99 tj Hardtop rain gutter mount ski rack

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

99 tj Hardtop rain gutter mount ski rack

Is there such a thing as a rain gutter ski rack? winter is not to far out and i wanted to get ready for the ski season. I have seen the ski racks that you have to drill into the hard top and i didnt want to do that unless i had to.

Unread 11-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
nhdude

Yes, though they are getting tough to find. I happen to have one for sale if you're interested. Brand new in box, never used. Thule model 704. Was $100, selling for half that.
Unread 11-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
SnoqulmieTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

do you have any pics of it?
Unread 11-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
MisterO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdude View Post
Yes, though they are getting tough to find. I happen to have one for sale if you're interested. Brand new in box, never used. Thule model 704. Was $100, selling for half that.
hey id love to see pix of this too, i may be interested....
im about to do THIS <-----Click---< but im a bit skeptical... (dont wanna drill into my LJ top)
Unread 12-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
nhdude

Pix of Ski Rack

OK, took a couple of pix and also have a pic from the web. I didn't want to take the rack out of the original box but the pic on the front of the box shows the rack pretty well. Please note that this is a Thule rack made in Sweden, not in Malaysia or China or wherever they're being made now ;-) Also comes complete with locks. I had one similar to it 20 years ago and just gave it to my friend who still has a gutter-equipped car... it's still going strong!
thule704001r.jpg   thule704002r.jpg   thule704image.jpg  
Unread 12-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
nhdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongJeep04 View Post
hey id love to see pix of this too, i may be interested....
im about to do THIS <-----Click---< but im a bit skeptical... (dont wanna drill into my LJ top)
I don't see any rain gutters on that top so what I have wouldn't really work for you unless you put those rain gutter adapters on it. The one I have works on the rain gutters like those on early XJs.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.