2005 Jeep Wrangler 2.4L DOHC 6-Speed Manual - JeepForum.com
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles

Go Back   JeepForum.com > Jeep Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale > Jeeps For Sale
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Unanswered Threads Search Members

LinkBack Thread Tools

2005 Jeep Wrangler 2.4L DOHC 6-Speed Manual- PRICE DROP!!
$8,000.00
Here, I present Lucy. Lucy is a 2005 2.4L DOHC 6-speed manual Jeep Wrangler (scroll down for all the pictures). One of the rarer wranglers, these were the last of the 4-cylinder wranglers made (the original Jeep was a 4-cylinder!) and in my opinion the way a jeep should be, definitely gets better gas mileage, and is the only 4 cylinder off-road vehicle Iíve ever seen with a 6-speed manual. These were made for only 2 years and are the only Double Overhead Cam (high flowing head) Jeep ever to be made until the 2013 3.6L came out. This is the same engine used in the SRT-4 and PT Cruiser turbo vehicles, so you could swap a turbo onto it no problem. This Jeep has made so many memories for me that I cannot remember them all, but the time has come for me to grow into a bigger vehicle. First off, let me just say, this Jeep was going to become a replica of the Jurassic Park YJ Jeep. We looked at many Jeepís before deciding on this one. Being red, the original plan was to purchase a vehicle wrap in grey only leaving the red stripes, find the ramsey winch, the badges and make a movie replica. I am a dinosaur fanatic and couldnít have been more excited. We found YJ wheels to put on, and once we painted them, found great tires with red lettering to match. As soon as the wheels were placed, I couldnít bring myself to wrap the Jeep, it had this uniqueness to her that you donít see a lot of around here, matching wheels to the vehicle, and I just loved the way it looked. She got her name Lucy, from being a red head like Lucille Ball.

Ever since I was a child, I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler. I was the little girl that was driving the battery operated pink Barbie Jeep around the yard. In fact, there was this one time Iíll never forget, my Grandmother had come from Michigan with my cousin and aunt to visit us. It was just turning fall and everyone was outside while I was playing in said Jeep. I was just driving around the yard, my golden retrievers following my every move, and I look forward to see that a massive wolf spider that had woven its web from a tree to the fence line and had built this web from the ground to about 4 feet high, I was headed straight for it. Out of the blue, my grandmother comes running across the yard with a baseball bat, now, what grandmothers do that? She comes up in front of me and just hits this spider as hard and as far as she can. Iíll never forget the sound, it was this loud, clunking sound and I rolled to a stop right in front of his masterpiece of a web. Since childhood though, I have been focused on obtaining a Jeep, I started off with a Honda Civic, and when my first (and only) accident occurred, I was even more determined. I bought a Pathfinder to become familiar with a larger off-road capable vehicle but I couldnít afford a wrangler at the time.

When I met my boyfriend, things quickly changed. Within a year of dating, I was talking cars. I had learned more and more about the mechanical aspect and was becoming more determined. Within that year, the pathfinder was sold and we were car shopping for Jeeps on the East Coast. We came across Lucy, and made that special trip one night down to Georgia, test drove it around, and headed home with my dream vehicle.

Lucy has taught me to become more confident in the things I find myself doing and to give things I normally wouldnít do, a try. Iíve become apart of a Jeep club where we get together and eat and discuss Jeep upgrades and Jeep modifications as well as make friends with. I was in a Christmas Parade lighting the streets up with Christmas lights strung around the bumper and wreath hanging from the grill. Iíve taken the doors and top off and rode around downtown Asheville listening to my favorite music. Itís been nothing but a great time with Lucy and I am very sad to sell her, but itís time. I want this Jeep to be passed off to someone looking for an adventure. FYI it scores a 96 autocheck score which is 20 points higher than the highest average. Also FYI the rear carpet is included, the seat covers are not, I have a thick folder full of maintenance and parts receipts to go with her that cover everything done to it. I am the 4th owner, Iíve owned it for 2.5 years, it has no accidents ever, it spent the rest of its life in Orlando FL (i.e. no rust).

For the Interior:

The seats and carpet are all original, cleaned and vacuumed regularly. There are no floor mats, there were none when I purchased the Jeep, but the original carpet is there and intact, I added some rubber floor mats. The rear carpet is included with the vehicle, we just removed it to keep it clean when loading colorguard supplies. The dashboard and door panels are in excellent condition, theyíre not cracked or faded, and theyíve been taken care of by Armor All and Aerospace protectant 303. The door jambs you will notice have Smittybilt entry guards. The air conditioning and heat work perfectly. The cd/stereo has been upgraded to a Pyle Marine Boat Radio taken from a H1 Hummer; it is waterproof and perfect for anyone wanting to take the top off without worrying about ruining their sound system. It has a memory card option as well as USB and audio hook up. The stock speakers have been upgraded to Kicker speakers. The original manual from Jeep with the tool pouch is still in the glove box. The seat covers are not included, they are waterproof and were installed early on to keep the seats in mint condition, which they are. The rear seat was removed for most of the time I drove it so it is also in mint condition. The interior smells great thanks to the new top and the windshield tint strip is great. Everything works like it should, all the lights, gauges, buttons, levers, and doo-dads. There is no rust, no cracks, no tears, it was regularly cleaned.

For the Exterior:

The windows have been tinted to a legal grade of tint, with an extra dark strip at the top of the windshield. The Soft Top is only a year old; I replaced the original top with a Best Top Trek Top NX with the sunroof option, and converts to a safari top when the windows are removed. It is VERY snug, donít worry, this top isnít going anywhere. The top and windows have all been cared for with Aerospace Protectant 303, making sure the windows do not become foggy and for it to stay black in color. Just FYI incase youíve never owned a jeep the top is a process youíll learn to get it on and off easily, once you figure it out it is second nature. This Jeep has been offroad so it could use a good buff and wax but otherwise the paint is nearly perfect. There is one dent on the right fender and one on the front bumper from the previous owners. We might still have the end caps for the bumpers in the basement if you want them. There is no rust, no bad dents, no bad scratches, and no previous wrecks. The autocheck record is perfect. The wheels are aluminum from a YJ wrangler, and painted Chrysler red to match the body. The spare tire is on a base model TJ wheel, but covered by a Best Top black denim tire cover, which is also cared for with Aerospace Protectant 303. It also has the hi-lift jack and we added rubicon tow hooks to the front bumper. In reality fix 2 dents, buff and wax, and you have a perfect jeep.

For the Mechanical:

The engine has been cared for with full synthetic oil changes every 3,000 miles. I have replaced the U-Joints with stronger new ones, capable of being greased to maintain (you canít grease the stock ones). The Air intake filter has been replaced, new spark plugs, wires, synthetic diff oil in the front and rear diff, synthetic transmission fluid, transfer case fluid, new brake rotors, pads, new headlights, rear drums, and windshield wipers. All records of upgrades or maintenance have been kept since I have owned Lucy, I have a folder stacked full of receipts that will be included with her. I have also added a steering stabilizer from ORV, and a barnes 4wd belly tuck skid plate (made out of ľĒ steel) to stop the shovel effect. The tires are 31Ē General Grabber Mud Tires with the red lettering that still have 50% tread (have worn very well, ride great). All in all my boyfriend wouldnít let me modify it with anything serious, only minor upgrades to keep it a great daily driver which I needed to finish college and go to work. It does have an intermittent check engine light, probably needs some spark plugs or something, still runs perfect. She does great on road and off road, keeping things factory and simple ensure youíll always have a fun reliable ride. She has never been lifted and Iíd recommend tube fenders before you lift it anyways, center of gravity is important.

Thanks for looking, good luck bidding, and donít forget; life finds a way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangle...US_Cars_Trucks
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0448.jpg   dsc_0473.jpg   dsc_0477.jpg   dsc_0489.jpg  
Trail Jammers, NC

View all my items

Tags: 2.4l, wrangler, 6-speed, manual, jeep
Listed on: 02-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Listing #20084450
Viewed: time(s)
State: NC
City: Candler
Zip Code: 28715