2004 Jeep Liberty For Sale - JeepForum.com
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles

Go Back   JeepForum.com > Jeep Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale > Jeeps For Sale
Register Garage All Albums FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Unanswered Threads Search Members

LinkBack Thread Tools

2004 Jeep Liberty For Sale
$1,500.00
Been off the forums for a long time now but Iím looking to sell my 2004 KJ Liberty 2WD Limited.

In August Ď16 it overheated for the first time on a Saturday, bubbling coolant in the res, replaced the thermostat on Sunday and it drove fine. Overheated on the interstate going to work Monday morning and had it towed to our local shop.

Diagnosis was blown engine, shop wanted 1k to tear into it and diagnose the severity of the issue or 5k for a new 3.7L dropped in. I can probably find the paperwork from the shop if a buyer wants to see but they were a good shop my whole family has been going to for years so I value their opinion but couldnít justify the investment when I was looking for a new vehicle. I will tell you the oil is milky but as soon as it started overheating and misfiring I pulled over, turned it off and coasted to a stop before it got too bad.

Since the vehicle is parked at my house I am looking for serious offers before I can disclose the location, therefor I am going to be forthcoming with all faults and attributed the KJ has:

Vehicle details:
2004 Liberty 2WD Limited
Automatic
127,XXX 3.7L
Paint: Atlantic Blue - chips on hood from previous owner, Fender flares are bedlined.
White leather interior - driver seat is tearing, all else like new
OME 927/948 springs ~30k miles on lift
Ranchero Dampeners all around ~30k (Dakota extra length in rear)
Cragar Soft 8ís - Full set of 5 - Curbed on Passenger Front rim but sanded and repainted to prevent rust.
General Grabber AT2 235/75/16 - Set of 5. - needs new set. Bald/uneven wear.
EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) - TPMS sensors not installed but have the parts.
AC Clutch+Compressor replaced < 2 years ago - no problems since
Pioneer Head unit / infinity speakers / Kicker Subs (2x10) / Kenwood AMP
Roof rack is available w/ crossmembers

Full Disclosure:

Vehicle was involved in 2 accidents under my ownership. First accident involved one impact on my driver front fender/tire that left the vehicle still operational, nothing broken in the suspension, but out of alignment for some time until the insurance figured everything out (hence the uneven wear on the tires) Other accident was side swiped by tourists on a motorcycle, ticket was issued to them - no real damage just a blue scuff on the passenger front fender.

Power steering has been going out since the accident mentioned above, while the insurance inspected the rack and said there was no problem, it does leak and whine in cold weather. The PS pump should also be replaced as it has had it rough since the accident.

Window Regulators: Anyone who knows KJís has heard of this problem. Currently the only working window would be passenger rear. Passenger front and driver rear has broken window regulators RE: broken plastic bracket on the slide. Driver front window regulator is missing completely - propped up by wood within the door panel itself.

The brake light housing on driver rear is cracked causing water to seep in and short out the brake circuit. Iíve taken it apart before, filled the housing up with water to try and determine the leak but couldnít pinpoint it. - needs sealing/replacement.

I obtained the KJ with ~88k miles, Oil changed twice a year, summer+winter, never ran into any other issues with the engine (except the obvious) but had oil leaking from one of the valve cover gaskets, replaced <2 years ago. This was my daily means of transportation all throughout highschool and into college so I tried managing it to the best of my ability with limited budget. Being graduated, I settled into a 4-cyl sedan and just canít see putting the money into it or parting it out.

As previously mentioned, the vehicle is non-operational so serious offers only - vehicle is located in Marietta, GA 30062. Call/text 678-seven three nine- 6385, willing to provide more photoís/information at buyerís request.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0113.jpg   dsc_0117.jpg   dsc_0116.jpg   dsc_0125.jpg   dsc_0131.jpg  

dsc_0132.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

View all my items

Tags: liberty, limited, 3.7L
Listed on: 02-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Listing #37493770
Viewed: time(s)
State: GA
City: Marietta
Zip Code: 30062
Model: Liberty

Payment: PayPal ,Cash Only
Shipping: Local Pick-up
Have a question? Contact the seller.
Report this item.

share a link to this item

share a link all items by All3Sports

Share this item on other forums

Embed on eBay!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
City
What City do you live in or nearest to?
State / Province
What State / Province do you currently live in?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.