"1999" Jeep Comanche Short Box 4wd - JeepForum.com
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles

Go Back   JeepForum.com > Jeep Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale > Jeeps For Sale
Register Garage All Albums FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Unanswered Threads Search Members

LinkBack Thread Tools

"1999" Jeep Comanche Short Box 4wd
$11,000.00
“1999” Jeep Comanche short bed. I have owned this truck for over five years, and all the work has been done by me. I have tons of pictures from the build process. Clean green title.

Original truck was/is (and is titled as) a 1987 Jeep Comanche short bed. The only things original to the truck are the cab/unibody (rust free) and the rear cab glass. The bed was replaced with another (rust free) one due to large dents in the original (which I still have).

The truck was originally a 2wd fleet truck (logging company). I can’t remember exactly how many miles it had on it – I think around 130k. It was the cleanest I’ve personally seen rust-wise, but had some minor body damage and some real janky fixes (like popping the hood by pulling on a cable wrapped in a ball of duct tape sticking through a hole in the hood, and having to touch two wires together to activate the windshield wipers). It was stripped completely down to bare chassis. The first stage was the swap/restoration, the second stage was the suspension. Truck was repainted GM Summit White two years ago, though neither the body work nor paint are perfect.

The swap:
Donor Jeep was a 1999 Cherokee Sport 4wd that had been rear-ended. Also stripped completely bare. Everything was swapped from the 1999 XJ to the Comanche. Engine + accessories + harness, transmission + linkage, transfer case + linkage, front axle, front clip, doors, complete interior, literally everything. All accessories, the brake booster, lines, washer fluid reservoir, wiper arms, steering shaft, gear box, etc are all from the 1999. Even the windshield was replaced by Safelite (old one was cracked) with one for a 1999 Cherokee to use the newer style seal and ditch the chrome trim. Resto-mod style, replacing anything that needed replaced along the way.

Engine:
4.0 liter. Afe intake + filter, Jeff Leigh 62mm throttle body, Summit 8mm plug wires.

Trans:
Stock AW4

Transfercase:
NP231J with Advanced Adapters slip yoke eliminator. Custom rear driveshaft (CJ Tatton), OEM XJ front driveshaft.

Front Axle:
High pinion Dana 30, 4.10 gears, Detroit locker, Clayton truss, US Alloy tube seals.

Rear axle:
Ford 8.8, 4.10 gears, Detroit locker, disc brakes, mini truss, Ballistic Fab brackets

Steering:
Serious Offroad crossover “one ton” steering (uses tie rod ends, not heims), Currie steering box brace, Iron Rock Offroad trackbar + bracket

Suspension:
Front - Metalcloak 5.5” dual rate coils, Clayton 3-link, Fox 2.0 10” travel reservoir shocks.
Rear - OEM leaf packs sprung over axle, Fox 2.0 10” travel reservoir shocks.

Tires:
(5) 33x12.50r17 General Grabber red letters on 17x8 KMC Enduros (faux beadlocks). 95% tread, spare is new w/ matching wheel.

Miscellaneous:
JCR Offroad front bumper
JCR Offroad DIY rear bumper w/ hitch receiver
Custom built spare tire carrier tail gate, holds up to a 35” tire and swings away to access bed.
Glassworks fiberglass bulge fenders
Custom built headlight harness and H4 IPF headlights
Aluminum 3-row radiator
New water pump and thermostat
Braided stainless brake lines
A/C delete
Most of Interior has been lined with Rattle Trap heat barrier/sound deadening. Cherokee carpet sits overtop.

“Issues”:
-Exhaust header is cracked, giving it the tell-tale tick. Has OEM downpipe w/ the kink to clear axle.
-Needs rear windshield trim installed. I have the seal, but have yet to pull the glass to install it.

Truck is plated, insured, fully legal. I have driven this truck to and from work several times, never had issues. I've taken it on the freeway up to 70mph comfortably. Took it up to Drummond Island last summer and it performed great. I love this truck and never planned to sell it, but alas, plans change.

I'm not really sure how to value this. I will put an asking price of $11k and go from there. Price is negotiable and I welcome offers. Not looking to trade at this time.

Edit: New VSS as of 8-9-17, so the speedometer is once again functional. Also replaced the blower motor resistor, so the heat blows on all 4 levels again. Everything works as it should.
Attached Thumbnails
manche2.jpg   manche1.jpg   manche3.jpg   manche4.jpg   manche5.jpg  

manche6.jpg   manche7.jpg  

2005 WK Limited, 5.7 hemi, QDii, aFe intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Taylor shorties, Diablosport tuned

1999 XJ Sport, trail rig, lots of goodies

Last edited by Chelsea; 07-20-2017 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Added pics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

View all my items

Tags: 1999, swapped, comanche, mj, xj, cheromanche, 1987
Listed on: 07-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Listing #38561185
Viewed: time(s)
State: MI
City: Manton
Zip Code: 49663
Model: Comanche

Payment: Cash Only
Shipping: Local Pick-up
Have a question? Contact the seller.
Report this item.

share a link to this item

share a link all items by Chelsea

Share this item on other forums

Embed on eBay!

Old 07-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
tracorp1128
2002 WJ 

View My Classifieds
 tracorp1128's Profile
Garage
PM sent
tracorp1128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #3
Chelsea
The clocks ticking, pops.

1999 MJ Comanche 

View My Classifieds
 Chelsea's Profile
Replaced the speed sensor and blower motor resistor on 8-9-17, so everything functions as it should once again.

2005 WK Limited, 5.7 hemi, QDii, aFe intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Taylor shorties, Diablosport tuned

Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Raffish
2005 WK 

View My Classifieds
 Raffish's Profile
Cool work!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
Chelsea
The clocks ticking, pops.

1999 MJ Comanche 

View My Classifieds
 Chelsea's Profile
Still have it and I'm open to offers.

Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
City
What City do you live in or nearest to?
State / Province
What State / Province do you currently live in?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.