1994 zj 5.2 with 3.5" Lift - JeepForum.com
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles

Go Back   JeepForum.com > Jeep Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale > Jeeps For Sale
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Unanswered Threads Search Members

LinkBack Thread Tools

1994 zj 5.2 with 3.5" Lift Parting out soon
$2,000.00
I am selling my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 190,000 miles. It has a 3.5 - 4 inch hybrid lift which is made up of Rubicon Express, 3.5 springs, stock isolators, Bilstein shocks, Rough Country lower control arms, Rustyís front adjustable track bar and Rough Country track bar drop bracket in the rear. Itís sitting on 33 inch Dakota A/T2s, best tires Iíve had with 15x10 deep-dish rims rotated with the full spare every 1,500 miles (makes the full spare usable if a tire blows because of the 4 wheel drive). This thing is a head turner to say the least, its white with a lot of black accents and sits like something youíve seen in zombie movies with the Bushwhacker extended fender flares. It also has a heavy duty steel bumper with custom aluminum diamond plate skid to protect everything up front, Iron Rock off-road stage 2 rock rails protecting the sides, a custom fabricated swing down rear tire carrier added to the stock rear bumper holding the full spare protecting the back and a basket on the roof for added storage.
Inside will need a little work to be complete. Itís in the middle of an all black/ newer limited-style interior swap from the original gray interior. It still has the plush Gray Leather Seats but the dash has been powder coated black with a suede dash top (which is showing fade) the carpet was replaced with an aftermarket black one last fall but isnít perfect and the floor pans were rhino lined then too. The door panels and such are in the middle of the newer interior swap with 5.9 panels in back and the lower kick panel as well. There is a pop up screen radio installed up front and speakers in the doors but the amps were removed and will need to be replaced or have the stereo rewired to the head as the old system was all after market amp driven.
Engine is the stock 318, well maintained (synthetic oil every 5000 miles), with a big boy 130-amp alternator and a home brew ram air intake. Recently replaced excel spark plugs and coil. Custom 2.5-inch exhaust with y-pipe and stainless cat, muffler, and 4-inch tip out the back corner all replaced last summer. Has 160-degree thermostat that with the louvers on the hood and oversized grill- it doesnít even reach that in the winter and doesnít go much over that in the summer. Surprisingly, this baby gets 13 mpg mixed with tires and all.
Now for the cons. The worst problem is the transmission; it needs the valve body replaced that started going 8 months ago. It isnít the whole transmission due to the fact reverse works better then drive and it only has around 40,000 on it since it was replaced under 3 years ago. Iíve been driving it like that with this issue for a while, just doesnít fully engage in drive till its warm. It also needs a new steering gear box or the one in it tightened since the steering has a lot of play but needs nothing more then that, just did the iron rock off road over knuckle steering swap last summer and thatís all hard as rock. The gearbox is just worn, still drivable but not without effort. When rhino lining the floors, I found some rot though the floor pan, but I sealed up all of it except one through to the tire well which will need a patch, a piece of steel from home depot some self tappers and a little silicone will fix that no problem. Lastly, it needs a bolt- yes, 1 minor little 69 cent bolt replaced on the drop bracket on the rear track bar bracket, other wise the rear end vibrates and rattles some times, something Iíve dealt with for almost a year. But it's a Jeep.
Overall this isnít an Escalade- itís a Jeep (and a tank). Never needed a tow to get out of a snow and trust me Iíve tried to put myself in such a position, but never succeeded. This has been my baby for 5 years and I love this thing like a child but found my dream jeep and I would keep it but I already have two vehicles and a third isnít practical and if you know anything about jeeps they arenít made to sit. So my loss is your gain Iíd rather see this thing getting driven and being enjoyed again then be parted out and sit. 2000 or b/o all offers considered rather let it go for a little less to go to the right person.

My Number : seven81-six29-95fourfour

Here's a link to my Cragslist Ad:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4547346741.html
Attached Images

~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )

View all my items

Listed on: 07-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Listing #24234610
Viewed: time(s)
State: MA
City: Revere
Zip Code: 02151