XD vs. GEAR vs. Fuel vs. HELO - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > XD vs. GEAR vs. Fuel vs. HELO

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
Green_Monster
2007 JK Wrangler 

XD vs. GEAR vs. Fuel vs. HELO

I'm looking at these wheel brands. Anybody know the quality of these brands? Also, I'd be interested in hearing from people who own these various brands.

Specifically I'm looking at the Fuel Hostage, Gear Recoil, Helo 878, and XD Crank. All in black for my 4 door JK. Anyone that has pics of these on their rig I'd love to see them.

3.5in RE lift (+ 3/4" spacers in front), Bilstein 5100's, 35in Wrangler Duratracs on TIS 535 Wheels, 5.13 Yukon gears with Solid diff Covers, Warn Front Bumper with 7" Warn HID's and a 8500lb winch, OF Fab Swing Away Tire/Gerry Can Carrier, Line-X'd tub
Green_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
nocojeep
2006 WK 

Quality they are all going to be constructed very similar. Weight on the wheels will only vary by a few pounds, they are all aluminum and have similar quality in terms of strength. They all are finished with matte black powdercoat, which can be very durable and long as they are cleaned after a trail day/snow day. The Gear is the only one I do not have a lot of experience with, but I have seen the Fuel, Helo, and XD all in person and any of the three would look good on a JK. I don't have any pictures because I don't have a JK, but I work for a tire shop and Fuel and XD wheels are some of the most popular wheels that we sell. Depending on the size that you do, the one thing you may/may not like is the center cap for the Fuel wheels. It is BIG. Covers a lot of area on the wheels, but it actually covers the lug nuts instead of leaving room on the sides like the other wheels. Some people like that and some do not. The Helo wheels would definitely be the most unique (in a good way) as they are a new wheel for 2013 and I have yet to put a set on a JK.
nocojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
sect8dr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Helo HE 842

I have a set of Helo HE 842 blacks, that are currently for sale with 35 inch KM2's, and they seem to be made well and they balanced very easy. They do not clean up as easy as a flat black wheel would but they are not that bad.
sect8dr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.