Will this setup work? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Will this setup work?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 03-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
OUrunner

Will this setup work?

hey ive found the wheels and tires that i am going to go with but im not totally for sure if these tires will fit on these wheels......

the wheels are 15x10.5 **** Cepek DC-1 alloy wheels and the tires are mickey thompson baja claw 33x12.50 R15. i will be putting these on along with a 2.25" BB kit with the skyjacker hydro shocks, just wanna make sure it will all work before i buy.

OUrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
sjeep1213
1998 TJ Wrangler 

33 on 2.25 BB might be a little tight but if you can always add a body lift down the road if needed. And also many people will stay with 15 by 8 but not sure if it matters to much.
sjeep1213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
OUrunner

yea cause i saw a rim and tire package that has the same wheels with the mickey thompson MTZ radials. but instead of a 10.5 wheel it was a by 8. so i was just about to ask which width for the rim is preferred.
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you offroad, I'm a strong proponent of running 15x8 wheels with 33x12.50 or 35x12.50 tire sizes, not 15x10. If you air down for offroading, the tires will have a much easier time staying safely seated on wheel edges that are 8" apart than they do on wheels that have their edges 10" apart. NO, tire wear is not a bigger issue with 15x8 wheels, you only need to run the appropriate air pressure.

And the tougher the trails you start trying, the lower the air pressures you will start airing down to where this will make a big difference.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

15x8 is preffered if you offroad at all. A 10.5" wide rim will have a much higher chance of popping a bead offroad, a 15x8 wheel is much better suited.

As others mentioned, you will want to add a 1" BL to run 33s on a BB.

Edit: Jerry beat me to it.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
OUrunner

alright thanks guys i will go with the 15x8 package and if i run into trouble go with the BL also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.