Wide soft tire? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Wide soft tire?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #1
Blue2
1979 CJ7 

Wide soft tire?

Looking for imput.-------I don't look for big greasy places to put my CJ into. I mostly stay on trails and old logging roads. I do find some bad spots on the roads at times from beaver dams over the road and soft wet silt. I am running 35inch Michelin Military tires. Very knobby and aggressive but narrow.I like the narrow profile for cutting down through the muck to something solid underneath.
Mind you--these are useless in snow because they are as hard as hockey pucks and will not grip snow and ice well at all. I run a regular snow tire in the winter monthes --nothing exotic or wide.
Looking on the internet you will see some European videos of 4X4 vehicles running through snow with big soft tires very similar to what you might find on an ATV 4 wheeler. I know we can put on bead locks and air down standard mud terrans but that would not compare to the "flotation" effect these vehicles get with the big soft tires.

Anyone know where this type of rubber might be found in North America?

Blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.