Where are the Load Range C 35 inch tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Where are the Load Range C 35 inch tires?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
SierraNovember
2010 JK Wrangler 

Where are the Load Range C 35 inch tires?

Here I am again. SO I see the Duratracs in 315/70R17 are a "D" rated tire. Everyone loves the Duratrac. But everyone says to run a "C" rated tire on my 2010 JKUR. SO then I see the MTR w Kevlar in 35x12.5R17LT which has a "C" rating but is a MT which some people say are louder, more aggressive, less tread life and more expensive. So what gives? Im getting five of something this damn weekend with your guys help. Antiprius has been a big one, but I think I keep confusing myself.

These will be run on the ATX Ledge 17x8 Wheel
http://www.carid.com/atx-series-whee...ck-901380.html
(you can see in the link, the Jeep has Duratracs on it)

Unread 11-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think running a D range would be too bad on a JKU, did they come factory with C? C's will be softer though. I have 33" MT/Rs and their not very loud. You should get those their awesome. I think they look a lot better than duratracs. And they're actually not a MT as in mud terrain. MT/R w/K stands for maximum traction reinforced with Kevlar.
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
SierraNovember
2010 JK Wrangler 

I bought the 2010 JKU Rubicon used, so I do not know what the 2010 came with originally. I will run either tire, I would just hate to get one versus the other and regret it, as opposed to asking the valued opinions of people who are already in the know. I do totally understand you will gain some things with the duratracs over the MTRwK and vice versa. Weight, noise, price, etc. I do not mind paying for one over the other since they are pretty close price wise.
Where I am confused is as I am doing research, I see the conflicting information about load ranges and C versus D versus E (which is a no go for me), but then in other research in this forum, I see many people loving the Duratrac which is not a C tire, yet the MTRwK is in the size of 35x12.5x17 is a C load tire and in total weight is only 4 pounds more per tire or a total of 20 pounds of extra weight and that's counting the spare. So the weight is neglegible, the price difference between the Duratrac and the MTRwK is $311 for the MTRwK for a 35x12.5x17 and the Duratrac is $282 per tire for the 315/70R17 for a total of a $145 dollar difference between the set of 5. My JKUR will be a hunting, beach, some DD use, fire roads and some dirt and mud, no crawling. SO which way do I go?
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It sounds like you you'd be fine with either one. So I guess I'd say go with the duratracs because of the price. You could browse around the JK forum if you haven't already to look for some first hand info on D vs C range tires on JKUs.
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Go with the kevlars and don't look back. They will net around the same mileage if you rotate them and have correct psi. For $300 difference that's a no brainer.
They are no louder than dura trac's, But have 100% better grip, Better sidewall and actual biting lugs when you go off road. To each their own, Mine have 30k on then and still have 14/32's on the tire that is most warn. Good luck
Unread 12-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNovember View Post
I bought the 2010 JKU Rubicon used, so I do not know what the 2010 came with originally. I will run either tire, I would just hate to get one versus the other and regret it, as opposed to asking the valued opinions of people who are already in the know. I do totally understand you will gain some things with the duratracs over the MTRwK and vice versa. Weight, noise, price, etc. I do not mind paying for one over the other since they are pretty close price wise.
Where I am confused is as I am doing research, I see the conflicting information about load ranges and C versus D versus E (which is a no go for me), but then in other research in this forum, I see many people loving the Duratrac which is not a C tire, yet the MTRwK is in the size of 35x12.5x17 is a C load tire and in total weight is only 4 pounds more per tire or a total of 20 pounds of extra weight and that's counting the spare. So the weight is neglegible, the price difference between the Duratrac and the MTRwK is $311 for the MTRwK for a 35x12.5x17 and the Duratrac is $282 per tire for the 315/70R17 for a total of a $145 dollar difference between the set of 5. My JKUR will be a hunting, beach, some DD use, fire roads and some dirt and mud, no crawling. SO which way do I go?
The Duratracs are more of a AT type tire and the 315/70R17 is a popular size for 3/4 and 1 ton pickups so they make them in the higher load ranges.The MT/R's are a purpose built offroad tire that is more favored by lighter vehicles so they come in the lighter load range C.

The MT/R's are just a better tire period over the Duratracs.

I run 2 sets of tires on my Jeep,one set which are 35x12.50x15 MT/R K's(load range C) are strictly for when I'm going on a trail run.The other set are 315/75R16 Destination MT's(load range D) for daily driving and I can tell you the MT/R K's are 10 times the tire then the other set I have.If I did not get a killer deal on the Destination MT's I would not have bought them($171 each out the door with road hazard).
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

MTR-K vs Duratrac

Which is better for you depends on what features you want.

MTK-K is tougher, but Duratrac is lighter, rides softer, and has better traction on Winter roads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.