Where to get wheels and tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Where to get wheels and tires

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
wjgiants39
2014 JK Wrangler 

Where to get wheels and tires

Looking to get new wheels and tires and trying to figure out where to buy. Looking at the Mickey Thompson Classic iii rims and going to a 32" tire (265/70/r17) my jk is not lifted and figure the 32" tire would be best with no rubbing at all. Where do most people go to buy wheels and tires?? What's everyone experience with summit racing? Is there better websites?

wjgiants39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You really have to shop around. People's inventories and prices vary and change from time to time. The best price today may not be the best price a month from now. Local to you I've had surprisingly good pricing on tires through Mavis. That doesn't help you with your wheels though. On the internet I'd say Tire Rack is good to best pretty consistently (but can be beat sometimes).
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
wjgiants39
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thank you I looked at tire rack and they had plenty of tires to choose from but no rims that I really liked. Local to me I went to a shop that I've used regularly on tires for my old wj and my families other cars and they were asking 2500 for the set up where online I found set ups I liked for about 1700. Quadratec 4wd.com and summit were the places to me seemed to have the best prices and variety but I never ordered a big purchase like this online before and am also hoping I could get them mounted and balanced so I don't have to worry about it when I get them
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjgiants39 View Post
Thank you I looked at tire rack and they had plenty of tires to choose from but no rims that I really liked. Local to me I went to a shop that I've used regularly on tires for my old wj and my families other cars and they were asking 2500 for the set up where online I found set ups I liked for about 1700. Quadratec 4wd.com and summit were the places to me seemed to have the best prices and variety but I never ordered a big purchase like this online before and am also hoping I could get them mounted and balanced so I don't have to worry about it when I get them
Having them arrive mounted and balanced is nice, assuming it is done right. I did by a tire/wheel package once from 4WD Hardware. Not somebody who I like to shop with but it was one of their holiday sales IIRC and the package was a good deal.
Unread 10-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
WXman
2001 WJ 

I don't think they carry Mickey Thompson, but by far the best prices and customer service are found at discounttiredirect.com
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
wjgiants39
2014 JK Wrangler 

looked into 4wd hardware and from what ive read their customer service is 50/50 some people love them some hate them, quadratec does not offer mounting and balancing except for their package deals and summit racing offers FREE mounting and balancing as long as you call in your order I found out via a live chat with one of their reps. looks like summit will likely be the place to go for me but I am at a stand still on tires. any recommendations on a solid all terrain tire? and from what ive been reading 33" tire is the largest you can go on a stock jk but some people complain about it hitting the fenders offroad which I would like to avoid, going to a 4.5" backspace rim im not too worried about width but I am concerned with hitting the fenders most of my offroading consists of sand and some mud here and there but no rock crawling though many of the trails by me have a lot of dips and ditches to navigate through so Im not sure about 33" tires
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
wetsquirrel
2013 JK Wrangler 

Check out Discount Tire Direct.
wetsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.