Wheels Spinning inside tire. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Wheels Spinning inside tire.

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 09-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Wheels Spinning inside tire.

i know beadlocks is the real answer for this question, and they are in the plans just not at the moment.

I am having issues of spinning the wheel inside my tires when aired down, would a bead sealer help with this issue or is there another trick to get it to stop?

i started out wheeling at 8PSI, then bumped up to 12 to try and stop it. anytime i get in a bind with all the weight on the rear of the vehicle i can't go anywhere because the tires are not spinning.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I air down to 4 PSI at the Dunes and the tires spin on the rims also. A friend tried RTV and bead sealer with poor results. He had 12" then 10" wheels. This is with BFG all Terrains and my GY MTRs. Those Swampers you run are hard as a rock so they have even less grip to the wheel.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.