wheel spacer advice. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > wheel spacer advice.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 08-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
sirswagalot

wheel spacer advice.

So I recently decided to buy these tires for my 08 jeep wrangler x 2dr. incase you dont care to look at the link there 285 75 r16 mounted on factory rims. now i understand i need spacers to stop rub and to go wheeling. my question is do i need spacers for the front and the rear or just the front. sorry if this is a stupid question or in the wrong thread. i just want to build my jeep for all the moderate wheeling and camping im going to do as soon as i get back from Afghanistan so im pretty excited.

sirswagalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do all four. It will probably look goofy with one pair sticking out more than the other two. I have 1.5 inch spacers and the clearance around and behind the tires are very good. Don't fear spacers. The won't work loose as some claim if you torque them correctly.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud100 View Post
...Don't fear spacers. The won't work loose as some claim if you torque them correctly.
To clarify, buy good spacers. AlloyUSA and Spidertrax make spacers built like wheel adapters, you bolt the spacer to your rotor, then the wheel mounts to the spacer. Do not buy those little shims that are just wedged between the two.

I would do all 4 wheels. It will look funny with one set sticking out more. You also have to consider the rear wheel well is slim so you may have a spring perch or such to watch for.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.