What tire size can I run? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What tire size can I run?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 06-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
slowurroll
2005 WK 

What tire size can I run?

Hey all. Soon I will be returning from military training back to my beloved '05 WK. And I have a question. I'm starting to shop for tires to mount on my stock wheels. I will be running the RRO 2.25" lift with the longer Monroe LLs on the back. I was thinking of running 265/70/17 to get something a bit beefier with no rubning or very minor rubbing at full lock. Preferrably none obviously. Keep in mind I am not going to be doing the pinch weld mod for some time so that's not going to make an impact. Can I run this size no problem on that setup?

2005 Silver WK 4.7L - Silver WK Club #33
slowurroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Start with this thread in the WK forum.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/f...-wk-xk-703598/

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
slowurroll
2005 WK 

Ok. Just saw that. Thanks for the link. So 265 would be fine then without needing to do the pinch weld mod correct?
2005 Silver WK 4.7L - Silver WK Club #33
slowurroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.