What size tubes for 38's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What size tubes for 38's?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #1
Greentj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What size tubes for 38's?

I've got a few 38x15R15 that are pretty dry rotted, but have decent tread. I want to be able to run them in the woods without risking the dry rot getting the best of me.. Anybody have any ideas for an inner tube size that would fit? I haven't really been able to find anything yet. Thanks in advance!

Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Go to any farm/implement tire shop/store and they should be able to get one that size or close. Good luck either way
Unread 05-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
babytank31
1978 CJ5 

I had a log trailer years ago with tube tires and hated them. When I switched to tubeless type tires I had to change rim styles as well. I know I am comparing grapefruit and oranges, I also know that you can't run tubeless tires on tube rims and almost positive that tubeless rims with a tube are not compatible either but not 100% sure. Bad thing about tubes inside tires is the build up of extreme temperature if not properly inflated, more so if under inflated. Heat leads to blow out and that leads to trouble. Have spent as much money on lights, wires, air lines and hoods for someone else's car as I did on tires due to tube/tire failure. My point being this, a tire with dry rot is one of two things or both, being trouble or being dangerous. Best case is it is always flat when you need it. Worst is failure while traveling at highway speed. If one of tires was to fail a tube inside of it will be of no use because the tire will destroy it along with itself. A 38" tire would destroy your jeep before you could get it to stop, god willing you can maintain controll. Iwould stay away from them if I was you. Just passing on what I learned about the subject.
babytank31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
Greentj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Trail Jeep.. No roads
Thanks though
Greentj05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.