What size lift/wheels for stock 2dr Wrangler JK Sport? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What size lift/wheels for stock 2dr Wrangler JK Sport?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
alli_braswell
2010 JK Wrangler 

What size lift/wheels for stock 2dr Wrangler JK Sport?

I just got my Jeep a few months ago. I finally got a job to help pay for new parts and what not.
So now that the time is actually here... I'm somewhat clueless on what to do!
I know I want a 2.5" lift. What brands do y'all recommend?
Since I want the 2.5", what EXACT size rims will I need if I want 35s?
Its so confusing!
Suggestions on rim brands?
Please try to be specific as possible! I'm about to drive myself crazy trying to figure this out.

alli_braswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just a thought, but those JKs can (I've heard) fit 33s with no lift. So maybe all you need is tires.
Unread 03-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
rochelle426
2007 JK Wrangler 

For rims, my favorites are Fuel and RBP. I'm not sure what size you need for 35s, but I know it can be done and 35s would look GREAT!

http://www.venomusa.biz/vendor-catal...rs/wheels/rbp/
This link will show you what RBP has to offer
rochelle426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alli_braswell View Post
I just got my Jeep a few months ago. I finally got a job to help pay for new parts and what not.
So now that the time is actually here... I'm somewhat clueless on what to do!
I know I want a 2.5" lift. What brands do y'all recommend?
Since I want the 2.5", what EXACT size rims will I need if I want 35s?
Its so confusing!
Suggestions on rim brands?
Please try to be specific as possible! I'm about to drive myself crazy trying to figure this out.
You are right, there are lots of choices out there. It's hard to suggest something for you though when we don't know what your intended uses are. Suggestions differ given the intended use and budget.

If you're just wanting to get your feet wet in wheeling I would suggest a rough country budget boost but if you plan on the more serious stuff and the budget allows, a Rock Krawler or OME would be my suggestion.

As for wheels, I like 15s and know the Pro Comp 52 15x8 fits a JK with no problem. If mainly street use and lite wheeling (not rock crawling) the BFG KO, Goodyear Duratracs, General AT2 would be worth considering. If looking for more aggressive for rock crawling, the Pro Comp XMT, BFG KM2, Goodyear MTRK are popular choices. Personally, I'm a big fan of 35s on a 15" wheel as tires are significantly cheaper but there are drawbacks.

So, it sort of depends on what you plan on using your Jeep for.

Pic is PC 52 (15x8) and PC XMT 35x12.50-15, 2 1/2" lift.
image.jpg

Unread 04-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've heard great things about aev. There's also metalcloak.

Wheels...that's up to you. I'd get 17" if it were me. They look much better on JK's.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Though AEV are nice looking wheels, do yourself a favor and google "AEV wheel failure", or aev wheel damage before you spend that kind of money. From what I've seen, they do not have a good rep when it comes to wheeling.

Oh wait, I'm guessing you were talking about AEV suspensions.
Unread 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 10:51 PM   #8
oldpony71
2001 WJ 

AEV Rims

All AEV wheels are made in China

v
oldpony71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #9
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Why not put 33s on it and not lift it? That'd save lots of money and it'd be very off road capable and good on road too.
Unread 04-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #10
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Why not put 33s on it and not lift it? That'd save lots of money and it'd be very off road capable and good on road too.
Maybe because 33s rub and you don't get the added benefit of additional ground clearance.
Unread 05-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #11
DesertPete
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the AEV Dual Sport 2 1/2 lift kit on my 2010 JK. It has dual rate springs and Bilstein shocks. With the optional geo bracket, which isn't absolutely necessary but recommended. This is a daily driver that goes to Moab once a year, so highway performance was important to me. The AEV system rides like the stock Jeep, but corners better on pavement. Off road performance is great. Go to the AEV website and check out their forum for more information and user reviews. I picked it largely because of a very favorable write-up in an off road magazine. Whatever system you pick, make sure the installer knows to disconnect the track bar first then reinstall it with the correct torque after the Jeep is lifted (I think that is 125 lbs, but ask). If they just twist it into the new position you can mess up the bushings.
DesertPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.