what size hmmm...? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > what size hmmm...?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

View Poll Results: will 35" tires fit on my 3" lifted tj?
yes, as long as you don't go off road 1 25.00%
yes, but no crazy off roading 1 25.00%
no, do a 1" BL first 0 0%
NO! 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 09-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Shinta
1999 TJ Wrangler 

what size hmmm...?

so i have been looking on this site for about 2 day trying to find the answer to my question, but i havent had much luck yet. so here it is

i have a 99 TJ, 3"SL, dropped the transfer case 3/4". i am looking at some 15x10 wheels with 3.75" backspacing and i want to put 35x12.5 on them. also my jeep is an automatic.
i have heard that the 35's can rub on the fender, does this mean that they will rub the plastic on the outside or the actual metal? im not going to be going off road but if i do i will be putting a 1"BL on first.

so will this setup work? and if not what do i need to do to make it work.

Shinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They will fit fine. I ran 35's on that amount for a year with off road time. I run 15x10" 3.75 BS and have never had a rubbing problem. They will allow you 100% turning radius with no rubbing on the LCA's. If you adjust your bump stops right it wont at full stuff.
But at 3" you are pretty much eliminating up travel but down is still good. I'm going to be replacing my 3" BL soon for a 1.25" BL and have no worries about rubbing and if it does, It will be plastic flair or tube so i could care less considering what i have purposely done to it. Its going to get rash anyways, To each his own, Good luck

Tags
3" , 33 , 35 , tires , wheels

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.