What kind if hub on my jeep? - JeepForum.com
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What kind if hub on my jeep?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
What kind if hub on my jeep?

I know what kind of hub it is, I'm just looking for the technical name. It's not a locking hub, more of like disconnecting hubs. (Part time 4wd)

olewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,453
Well only thing comes to mind if you are talking non locking hubs, Is a sealed unit bearing. That bolts to the knuckle, Attaches through ball joints and is what the tire rides on. But what makes the front tires spin less the axle shaft(s), Is the hub/unit bearing.
YJ, TJ, XJ, ZJ..... Too many Jeeps!
KKiowaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.