What is a good size lift???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What is a good size lift????

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-22-2001, 05:21 PM   #1
my litte red yj

What is a good size lift????

i am running a 93 yj with a 2.5 4 banger 4:10 gears (dana 30 i know!!!) 5 speed i mostly do on road and some weekend off roading plus i have a lot of hill's to get to work, what is a good size lift that will work well with my gearing i do not do any rock crawling

my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 09:14 AM   #2
skyj35

One of my buddies has a 4-banger and was in your situation. The best combo that we found was a 4 inch. I would go with a skyjacker due to the great ride quality if you are doing mostly road driving. This will totally clear 31" tires, which are about the limit of a 4 cyl.'s capacity without a serious gear upgrade to around 4.56's or 4.88's. Also, the 4 inch gives you the ability to clear 33's in the future if you ever feel like doing a gear swap to push them, which is what we did to my buddy's jeep. We also put in a 2" body lift, which totally clears 33's. Dor what you want to do with it, a 4 inch seems to be the most versatile.
35" Boggers
4.56's w/ lockers
skyj35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 03:15 PM   #3
moabjeeper

I would have to agree with up top. I think a 4 in. lift is perfect in your case. In the future if you do want to upgrade you could put a body lift or shackle lift. The 4 in. look great and dont really have to mess with driveline angles and vibs.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.