What is a good size lift???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What is a good size lift????

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 10-22-2001, 06:21 PM   #1
my litte red yj

What is a good size lift????

i am running a 93 yj with a 2.5 4 banger 4:10 gears (dana 30 i know!!!) 5 speed i mostly do on road and some weekend off roading plus i have a lot of hill's to get to work, what is a good size lift that will work well with my gearing i do not do any rock crawling

my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2001, 10:14 AM   #2
skyj35

One of my buddies has a 4-banger and was in your situation. The best combo that we found was a 4 inch. I would go with a skyjacker due to the great ride quality if you are doing mostly road driving. This will totally clear 31" tires, which are about the limit of a 4 cyl.'s capacity without a serious gear upgrade to around 4.56's or 4.88's. Also, the 4 inch gives you the ability to clear 33's in the future if you ever feel like doing a gear swap to push them, which is what we did to my buddy's jeep. We also put in a 2" body lift, which totally clears 33's. Dor what you want to do with it, a 4 inch seems to be the most versatile.
35" Boggers
4.56's w/ lockers
skyj35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2001, 04:15 PM   #3
moabjeeper

I would have to agree with up top. I think a 4 in. lift is perfect in your case. In the future if you do want to upgrade you could put a body lift or shackle lift. The 4 in. look great and dont really have to mess with driveline angles and vibs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.