What does a lift kit install cost? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What does a lift kit install cost?

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
pbskidz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What does a lift kit install cost?

I'm thinking about getting a 2 inch lift sometime in the future for my TJ and I have no idea how expensive they are to install. I'm planning on maybe getting that 2 inch, $250 dollar skyjacker lift.

pbskidz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
nicolas-eric
2006 TJ Wrangler 

installing it is very easy. do it with a friend on your own and save the money for the installation for some other jeep parts.
12.000 lbs Winch • Synthetic Winch Line • 4x 130W Hellas • 4x 200W Hellas @ Lightbar • E-Fan
Jeep TJ Runicon Pics www.timbercrawler.de
nicolas-eric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

X2, just DIY. Most shops will charge 80-110$ per hour and the lift will take at least 3 hours (bare minimum). You do the math.

just grab a buddy, and get to work on it. Its really not as bad as you may think it is.

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
nicolas-eric
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i needed only 3 hours for installing the skyjacker budget boost 2" lift. and that was the first time i installed something on a car.
12.000 lbs Winch • Synthetic Winch Line • 4x 130W Hellas • 4x 200W Hellas @ Lightbar • E-Fan
Jeep TJ Runicon Pics www.timbercrawler.de
nicolas-eric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
krykrykrynunit
1998 ZJ 

if you know any good welders, have them do a custom lift, but might cost more

better though
krykrykrynunit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
chutta
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You have to get self sufficient on this or the habit will break you. Don't over invest in tools such as overkill on a 60 gallon compressor etc. It gets you familiar with everything and gives confidence in replacing broken stuff down the road or trail, which eventually is going to happen.
05x 4.0 6sp 30/35, aussie front, 3.73's, r/c 4"x lift, adv adptr sye, shifter bracket, tw cv ds, 33 t/c skid, 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers on steelies, psc sport cage/rockers, warn fr bump/steer and 30 diff skid, sirius,cb, hand throttle 1"bl/mml 265/16's pepboys at's on orig moabs for street. Lowrance H20c for gps
chutta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2007, 07:50 AM   #7
hazmat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

where are you at in delaware? I'll give you a hand.
hazmat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
pbskidz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Alright well it sounds like I should just install it myself, what kind of tools am I going to need? I do work at a car lot and there is an auto repair and installation place right beside it so I could get a good deal, but it would still probably be out of my range. I'm in Lewes DE.
pbskidz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #9
Oldjeepman
1999 TJ Wrangler 

install

all you will need is a floor jack and some tall jack stands and hand tools and a pry bar for stubborn coils and a buddy,really not to hard to do make sure you soak all bolts a couple days before hand
Oldjeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krykrykrynunit
if you know any good welders, have them do a custom lift, but might cost more

better though
How does a welder give you a better than what you can buy lift?

User CP > Options > Uncheck "Show Signatures"
jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.