What do I NEED for a 3-3.5" ZJ lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > What do I NEED for a 3-3.5" ZJ lift?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-22-2004, 09:20 AM   #1
lavelle3

What do I NEED for a 3-3.5" ZJ lift?

Hey Guys,

I'm going to buy a ZJ this summer and I want to lift it. I don't do any crazy offroading or anything like that. I drive 12-15k miles a year and I just like the lifted look and might go offroading once in a GREAT while.

What do I NEED besides the kit for a 3 or 3.5" lift? I've read about track bars, brackets, moving the brackets, pinion angles, death wobble and a million other things and I'm so overwhelmed. I want the Jeep to have good steering control (I dont' care if it's stiff) and not drive like crap. I don't want to spend $1000 plus another $7-800 for tires for only 3" of lift. That seems excessive. I just want it higher and a little more off road capable but still safe and driveable.

So besides a ~$400 lift kit and tires and shocks, what do I NEED to add so that my Jeep will be safe and very streetable. Thanks for the help.

Mike
1st time buying a Jeep

lavelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Welcome to the boards.

Take some time to read through the Grand Cherokee pages and you'll get a ton of info on lifts, tires, wheels, steering stabs and more.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.