well priced websites for tire/wheel packages?.....tirerack is fine, but........ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > well priced websites for tire/wheel packages?.....tirerack is fine, but........

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-30-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
easy_roller
1999 XJ Cherokee 

well priced websites for tire/wheel packages?.....tirerack is fine, but........

i'm looking to grab a set of American Racing ATX Mojave wheels and either BFG All-Terrain TO's [OR] Yokohama Geolander ATS's......

tirerack of course has these, though i'm wondering if anyone's used a site w/ better pricing and or comparable pricing w/ shipping and service as Tirerack's

thanks in advance, and any info helps

"beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" -ben franklin
easy_roller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
06slvrrubi
Lovin' Life

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Try discounttire.com the tires I've looked at on there have been cheaper than tirerack.
06slvrrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
nikeo02
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you have the ability to mount and balance the tires yourself, going to a local retailer is sometimes cheaper. I saved $200 compared to tirerack and a little more from any other site i checked by going right to a firestone shop and carrying the tires out (thus saving on shipping). Just an option you might want to explore.
Unread 11-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
06_LJCON
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If I were you I would just price out the tires on tirerack and have discount tire or americas tire price match them. I have yet to find a better deal then tirerack.com

(SOLD) 1987 wrangler 2.5L 5-speed BLACK!
S.O.A. with 4" springs and a 2" body lift. Lincon locked front. 33" TSL's NEED bigger tires!!

(WRECKED) 2002 Apex Wrangler 4.0L 5-Speed Silver
2.5" skyjacker single flex, skyjacker shicks, Rock Krawler adjustable lower control arms f/r, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" JKS motor mount lift, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Warn engine/transmission skid plate, Rock Crusher Front diff cover, Poison spyder rocker knockers, 1.25 wheel spacers, 4.10 gears f/r, Detroit Trutrack rear, aussie automatic locker front

(CURRENT) 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited LJ 4.0L 6-speep, Silver, 3.5" Rubicon express lift with Rubicon express disconnects. Hella 500 lights, HID Bi-xenon headlights, Rock-It intake, Red top Optima, Factory MOPAR rocker knockers, TNTCustoms Front full tube fenders, 35x12.5R15 BFG KM2, Black steel wheels.
06_LJCON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_LJCON View Post
If I were you I would just price out the tires on tirerack and have discount tire or americas tire price match them. I have yet to find a better deal then tirerack.com

I agree, $161.00 for 33-10.5-R15s, I even went to the warehouse to pick them up. Saved money that way The Tire Rack can't be beat on their pricing. I've looked online for months, The T-rack had the best prices hands down!
silvanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

I like Discount, and they offer free shipping, which is a big savings. Doesn't make sense to buy from Tire Rack to save ten bucks a tire when it costs almost a hundred bucks to ship them.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
linusb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just bought from discounttiredirect a few weeks ago. Great deal. The most savings is to be had if you are buying a tire/wheel package. THey come mounted and balanced to your door free shipping.
1994 YJ Wrangler, 4.0, AX15, NP231, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, 4" RC lift, 1" lift Boom Shackles, 1" BL, 4.10 gears, 8.8 LSD in rear and D30 Aussie Locker in front, on-board air conversion, Ramsey RE8000 winch.
linusb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
consfearacy
2007 JK Wrangler 

search all around, find the best total price. then call discounttiredirect. they will beat it.
consfearacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.