to use or not to use.....that is the question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > to use or not to use.....that is the question

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 11-07-2001, 05:56 PM   #1
mytjnamedrex

to use or not to use.....that is the question

My friend gave me 4 of these sidewinder radial tires that say 32x11.5 on the side. 2 are usable (were on front). I can get 2 more for under $200. Only thing is that they only measure a little over 30 inches as is (just tire, no wheel). Will it get bigger once its mounted and has air? It looked good on my friends jeep but am wondering on how high it will actually stand...

Unread 11-07-2001, 11:56 PM   #2
evilpsych

ok.. roughly $100 apiece for oddly sized tires? you can get new name brand tires for that.. if they were free that'd be another thing..

stick with standard sizes.. if i were you i'd go from 31x10.50 to 33x12's

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2001, 01:56 AM   #3
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

All tire makers make there tires a litle different so a 32 by one company might be the same as a 31 by another. Just because it says 32 or whatever doesn't always men that is what it will be.

When mounted it will still be smaller than 32. If your jeep isn't lifted then it will rub. Definately in the front when turning. If you are going to use these tires then I would make sure the other two you get are the same brand.

32X11.50/15 is a standard size.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2001, 12:07 PM   #4
mytjnamedrex

i was going to do a 2" spacer lift and get some new wheels....The tires will actully only run 85 per tire and are the same kind.
Unread 11-08-2001, 04:33 PM   #5
I-4

hey rex!what ever became of your brake/bearing problem?you can get 3 procomps for the price of 4 at 4 wheel parts.i bought 5 tires/rims,mounted and balanced for $800(mt's)wouldn't trade my mt's for anything!
Unread 11-08-2001, 05:43 PM   #6
evilpsych

3 for the price of 4? man.. you must be in sales.. :-)

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2001, 09:30 PM   #7
mytjnamedrex

brake/bearing problem was just that.. the bearings were replaced and i had to get new rotors so i sprung for the performance slotted ones and i now have no more squeeking (even after going mudding) and stopping is alot better. Sorry i didnt update but i didnt think anyone was really that interested.
Unread 11-09-2001, 05:52 PM   #8
I-4

would you believe i'm a commoner trying to save all the $ i can?i got a bundle of joy on the way!the age old problem of trying to turn $1 into $100. if i ever figure it out i'll share w/ everyone!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.