URGENT need help Ultra Badlands - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > URGENT need help Ultra Badlands

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
cbstwo
2008 JK Wrangler 

URGENT need help Ultra Badlands

I'm going with a 4.5 lift and 37x12.5x17 tires. This wheel has a 5.5 back spacing. Will I need spacers to run them? Street driving only. Anyone running these?
Thanks

cbstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

yes it would need spacers. Bs on a 12.5 tire is 4.5min. I would go 4" on 37" or more. heck i run 3.75 on 35"s.

37 on DD I hope this is a very good lift and very complete. you will need drive lines too. the stockers will not be happy at the angles given. If this jeep ever gets off the ground, like at the tire shop, stock drive lines may go PAST there ability to drop that far. That could cause them to bend. they bend very easy too.. If you have not by now Gears with out question. Your MPG is going to be cut by a HUGE amount. Bring this to a stop will take alot more room too. For most people 37/+ on a street jeep don't last long. The cost of the tires, wear and tear on the Jeep is much higher. Bearings will not last ball joints tie rods the list is about end less. But somepeople have deep pockets and if thats you then by all means. heck might as well go for 40creeps and have one real Ba mall jeep.

If you go off road and the trails is anything but EZPZ. Bring friends with tools, parts, as its going to break that d30 very easy.
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
cbstwo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. Drivelines won't be an issue, it's 3.5 susp lift and 1" body.Also, no offroading
cbstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbstwo View Post
Thanks for the info. Drivelines won't be an issue, it's 3.5 susp lift and 1" body.Also, no offroading

If its street only, Why waste money on the suspension lift? Ive put 35's on stock JK's and 37's will fit with a leveling kit in the front. Might have to trim the plastic fenders or buy tube ones, But alot better looking and cost effective.

As mentioned you better get a d44 from and 5.13 gears or better or you wont ever see OD. Plus when you get it rolling, How do you plan on stopping it? Stock is so/so, Add a 37" tire and wheel, Hope you have good insurance.

To each their own, But its a PITA to go back over your jeep and fix and beef up what should have been done to begin with. Good luck either way

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.