Upgraded tires for stock wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Upgraded tires for stock wheels

ECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGSSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Upgraded tires for stock wheels

What are the largest tires i can put on my stock 17 x 7.5 wheels? If this seems like a dumb question, im asking because it seems like the wheel width is restricting the tire height. When i shop around all the tires have "recommended for wheel sizes" of 8.5 or wider...

Freemaniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
wetsquirrel
2013 JK Wrangler 

You can fit 285/70-17 on a 7.5" rim. The overall tire diameter is 32.75"
wetsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsquirrel View Post
You can fit 285/70-17 on a 7.5" rim. The overall tire diameter is 32.75"
BF G makes the (MT T/A KM2) in LT255/80R17 which is 33.3". That is basically the same tires that's stock on the rubicon with an aspect ratio of 80 instead of 75. I was looking for something bigger than that! Thx tho....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.