TrXus best all around MT? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > TrXus best all around MT?

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #76
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAW-CAN-ADIAN View Post
Wheelin around the west coast of BC the mtrs will outlast the trxus hands down..I have also seen three trxus sidewall failures.never seen an mtr sidewall fail..damn pokey roots.Either way,both good tires..I would still like to kick mr Goodyear in the balls for retiring the old style mtr.
Three sidewalls doesn't sound good to me - I drive around in woods full of beaver cut saplings. My '04 has been carrying around the brand new old MTR on the spare since it came off the lot. I keep thinking 4 new old stock will show up on Craig's list or eBay. I've even thought of a lift just to be able to use the military MTR.

Ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #77
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed209 View Post
Let me get this straight, it's not MT, not a hybrid, and it's above and beyond any tire in it's class - what class? GY say's it's a street tire!
GY does not call it a street tire.

Here is their description:
Our ideal tire designed for extreme off-road expeditions, featuring DuPontTM KevlarŪ that helps resist punctures when powering over rocks, mud & sand.
http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-mtr-kevlar
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #78
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
GY does not call it a street tire.
Summit Racing does, probably because they don't know what else to call it.
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #79
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Let me get this straight, it's not MT, not a hybrid, and it's above and beyond any tire in it's class - what class? GY say's it's a street tire!
If you don't want to run them for whatever reason you choose that's your choice. But when you have no experience with them knocking them and continued arguing with people who do have extensive experience with them is just stupid. Good luck with your choice.
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #80
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Summit Racing does, probably because they don't know what else to call it.
Summit Racing has a category named "Goodyear Street Tires" because they separated Goodyear racing tires from the other GY tires.

For lack of a better name, they chose to label the one category GY Street Tires.

Not very surprising considering that Summit Racing has a larger focus on racing vs. off roading.

Also, Summit Racing is probably not your best source for info on off road tires.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #81
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
If you don't want to run them for whatever reason you choose that's your choice. But when you have no experience with them knocking them and continued arguing with people who do have extensive experience with them is just stupid. Good luck with your choice.
If what I say in my own thread sounds stupid to a wise guy, he could choose to stay out of it. Good luck with your choice.
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #82
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good luck with your choice.
What choice? I already know what works and I also know what I would buy if I wanted a soft compound MT (it wouldn't be TrXus).
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #83
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What choice? I already know what works and I also know what I would buy if I wanted a soft compound MT (it wouldn't be TrXus).
I was pretty certain you wouldn't be able to figure out what choice.
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #84
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was pretty certain you wouldn't be able to figure out what choice.
If you are suggesting I could have chosen to stay out of this thread, that was an easy one.
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #85
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you are suggesting I could have chosen to stay out of this thread, that was an easy one.
And yet you didn't, twice.
Unread 01-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #86
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And yet you didn't, twice.
No, I chose . . . to post again. Shall we talk some more about how you hate the appearance of the MTRs? We all know how important appearance is.
Unread 01-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #87
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Just go out and buy a set of Interco Boggers and be done with it,just don't drive on the street(extreme fast wearing) or above 45mph(impossible to balance).
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #88
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No, I chose . . . to post again. Shall we talk some more about how you hate the appearance of the MTRs? We all know how important appearance is.
Of course you did, it was a 100% certainty.
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #89
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

So its a street tire, Fine by me. Even more so when they knock pretty much every other tires d!ck in the dirt, Time after time, Terrain after terrain my street tires out perform a tire that says m/t on the sidewall.

Quote:

Dead on

They are not going to bring back the OG mt/r mold, Sorry bud. I wish they would so I could attempt the old 37-12.50-15's. There are more than you think that were happy as pigs in chit with the old style. But with everything else, Times change!

You are looking for a tire to last and get the best traction possible with a super tough sidewall. Two real options, TSL SX's and sipe and or groove them, Or kevlars.

Base off looks all you like, I didn't like them either as mentioned. But its hands down one of the top tires and if you don't like them, Hard to talk **** about the toughest off the shelf tire when you compare to well, Anything!

Yeah, Its 'you're' thread, But lies and bullchit don't fly too far. Plus when you post a thread, Its for opinions, Unless you like to sit and reply to yourself. Either way, No reason to troll, Or you will get a lot of fun nice replies, Good luck
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:12 AM   #90
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
No reason to troll

But like the other one, you just couldn't resist!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.