TREADWRIGHT TIRES full review - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > TREADWRIGHT TIRES full review

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

TREADWRIGHT TIRES full review

I just ordered my treadwright 31/10.5/15 guard dogs and i found a lot a threads on how they are good but not very many detailed ones. in this i will post my full review on the company and the tires and how they preform in the mud and the pavement on the upcoming months.

im going to start with me. im 21, i own a 1995 wrangler i am paying for engineering collage out of my pocket so the ability to put pretty awesome mud tires on my jeep for 460 plus shipping so it totaled out to 597 shipped to my door sounded pretty good to me. cheepest possible i found anywhere else ran me around 800 i did a lot of research and decided to buy them. i placed my order on a thursday and 3 days later on sunday i called to ask if i would recieve a shipping statement to track my order when they shipped it. that was all i called to ask. well an hour after i called i recieved an email saying they would ship within 24 hours. two hours after that i got another email saying fed x had picked them up and they would be here by wednesday.thats 3 day shipping including monday so they must have updated my shipping for free because the shipping i paid for was 5-8 day shipping (can you say great costomer service) i didnt even ask the lady to do anything and she went out of her way to make sure my stuff went out the door as fast as possible. (i called her to thank her and to tell her how great there costomer service was) the tires should be waiting for me when i get home and i will post pictures and more detailed information about their mounting when i get back to the computer

mshows577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nice to know of their customer service! IIRC, I've read that in other threads too.
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
JeepNut4581

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshows577 View Post
I just ordered my treadwright 31/10.5/15 guard dogs and i found a lot a threads on how they are good but not very many detailed ones. in this i will post my full review on the company and the tires and how they preform in the mud and the pavement on the upcoming months.

im going to start with me. im 21, i own a 1995 wrangler i am paying for engineering collage out of my pocket so the ability to put pretty awesome mud tires on my jeep for 460 plus shipping so it totaled out to 597 shipped to my door sounded pretty good to me. cheepest possible i found anywhere else ran me around 800 i did a lot of research and decided to buy them. i placed my order on a thursday and 3 days later on sunday i called to ask if i would recieve a shipping statement to track my order when they shipped it. that was all i called to ask. well an hour after i called i recieved an email saying they would ship within 24 hours. two hours after that i got another email saying fed x had picked them up and they would be here by wednesday.thats 3 day shipping including monday so they must have updated my shipping for free because the shipping i paid for was 5-8 day shipping (can you say great costomer service) i didnt even ask the lady to do anything and she went out of her way to make sure my stuff went out the door as fast as possible. (i called her to thank her and to tell her how great there costomer service was) the tires should be waiting for me when i get home and i will post pictures and more detailed information about their mounting when i get back to the computer
Thanks for this...I keep a file of the best companies to deal with.
JeepNut4581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok guys. got them installed today. went to walmart first cause they were the cheepest but they wouldnt install them because i dont have factory rims. so went to a tire place and he looked at them and said "what tires are these i havent seen this tread before" i told them they were treadwright guard dogs and nothing else. after he mounted and balenced them i asked him if he noticed anything different. he said no. no extra weight needed or anything else he noticed. so i told them they were retreads and he said he never would have noticed if i hadnt told him. so all good there. got them installed and the look GREAT. the howl is a little. and just a little high pitched but i dont really care and you only notice if you spicificaly listen for it. but its no louder than any other mud tires i have ever seen or heard. just a little bit higher pitch. ill instal pictures next and then videos of me muddin so you can see the how they preform. everything good so far (I DEFFINATLY REFER YOU TO BUY THESE TIRES)
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

here are pictures on my jeep rangler 1995. rims with 2 inch spacing and (NOTHING) else. no lift or anything this is how the 31's fit
photo-1-.jpg   photo-2-.jpg   photo-3-.jpg   photo.jpg  
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

in the last picture it looks like it rubs but it dosnt. its just the camera angle. i still have about an inch of cleareance in the closest spot and i only slightly slightly touch them when i slam hard into a pot hole or offroad
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
indirocz28

I've been considering their 37" Guard Dog M/T's for my YJ. Glad you like them!
indirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

have had my tires for a while now. about 1500 miles i would say mayb3 2000 and they look great. took them mudding a few times and they did pretty dang good. if anyone is questioning buying these tires STOP. they are great and they are cheep as hell. get them!!!! plus treadwright just put out a new even better mudd design. hit them up for sure

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.