TREADWRIGHT TIRES full review - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > TREADWRIGHT TIRES full review

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

TREADWRIGHT TIRES full review

I just ordered my treadwright 31/10.5/15 guard dogs and i found a lot a threads on how they are good but not very many detailed ones. in this i will post my full review on the company and the tires and how they preform in the mud and the pavement on the upcoming months.

im going to start with me. im 21, i own a 1995 wrangler i am paying for engineering collage out of my pocket so the ability to put pretty awesome mud tires on my jeep for 460 plus shipping so it totaled out to 597 shipped to my door sounded pretty good to me. cheepest possible i found anywhere else ran me around 800 i did a lot of research and decided to buy them. i placed my order on a thursday and 3 days later on sunday i called to ask if i would recieve a shipping statement to track my order when they shipped it. that was all i called to ask. well an hour after i called i recieved an email saying they would ship within 24 hours. two hours after that i got another email saying fed x had picked them up and they would be here by wednesday.thats 3 day shipping including monday so they must have updated my shipping for free because the shipping i paid for was 5-8 day shipping (can you say great costomer service) i didnt even ask the lady to do anything and she went out of her way to make sure my stuff went out the door as fast as possible. (i called her to thank her and to tell her how great there costomer service was) the tires should be waiting for me when i get home and i will post pictures and more detailed information about their mounting when i get back to the computer

mshows577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nice to know of their customer service! IIRC, I've read that in other threads too.
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
JeepNut4581

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshows577 View Post
I just ordered my treadwright 31/10.5/15 guard dogs and i found a lot a threads on how they are good but not very many detailed ones. in this i will post my full review on the company and the tires and how they preform in the mud and the pavement on the upcoming months.

im going to start with me. im 21, i own a 1995 wrangler i am paying for engineering collage out of my pocket so the ability to put pretty awesome mud tires on my jeep for 460 plus shipping so it totaled out to 597 shipped to my door sounded pretty good to me. cheepest possible i found anywhere else ran me around 800 i did a lot of research and decided to buy them. i placed my order on a thursday and 3 days later on sunday i called to ask if i would recieve a shipping statement to track my order when they shipped it. that was all i called to ask. well an hour after i called i recieved an email saying they would ship within 24 hours. two hours after that i got another email saying fed x had picked them up and they would be here by wednesday.thats 3 day shipping including monday so they must have updated my shipping for free because the shipping i paid for was 5-8 day shipping (can you say great costomer service) i didnt even ask the lady to do anything and she went out of her way to make sure my stuff went out the door as fast as possible. (i called her to thank her and to tell her how great there costomer service was) the tires should be waiting for me when i get home and i will post pictures and more detailed information about their mounting when i get back to the computer
Thanks for this...I keep a file of the best companies to deal with.
JeepNut4581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok guys. got them installed today. went to walmart first cause they were the cheepest but they wouldnt install them because i dont have factory rims. so went to a tire place and he looked at them and said "what tires are these i havent seen this tread before" i told them they were treadwright guard dogs and nothing else. after he mounted and balenced them i asked him if he noticed anything different. he said no. no extra weight needed or anything else he noticed. so i told them they were retreads and he said he never would have noticed if i hadnt told him. so all good there. got them installed and the look GREAT. the howl is a little. and just a little high pitched but i dont really care and you only notice if you spicificaly listen for it. but its no louder than any other mud tires i have ever seen or heard. just a little bit higher pitch. ill instal pictures next and then videos of me muddin so you can see the how they preform. everything good so far (I DEFFINATLY REFER YOU TO BUY THESE TIRES)
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

here are pictures on my jeep rangler 1995. rims with 2 inch spacing and (NOTHING) else. no lift or anything this is how the 31's fit
photo-1-.jpg   photo-2-.jpg   photo-3-.jpg   photo.jpg  
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

in the last picture it looks like it rubs but it dosnt. its just the camera angle. i still have about an inch of cleareance in the closest spot and i only slightly slightly touch them when i slam hard into a pot hole or offroad
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
indirocz28

I've been considering their 37" Guard Dog M/T's for my YJ. Glad you like them!
indirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
mshows577
1995 YJ Wrangler 

have had my tires for a while now. about 1500 miles i would say mayb3 2000 and they look great. took them mudding a few times and they did pretty dang good. if anyone is questioning buying these tires STOP. they are great and they are cheep as hell. get them!!!! plus treadwright just put out a new even better mudd design. hit them up for sure
Unread 07-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #9
1971hemicuda

Horrible Customer Service

I placed an order, and never received anything confirmation, any numbers, nothing. But they definitely took my money out. These are emails over a period of a month and a half. These, plus multiple phone calls. Horrible customer service. I deleted all names and emails.

Jun 13

to me

If you placed the order online , then money will be taken automatically from your account .
If you provide me with on order number i can look up the order.

Thanks,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM, TreadWright Retread Tires <orders@treadwright.com> wrote:

I placed an order last week for a set of tires, and did not receive any confirmation. The money was taken out of my account, but have no receipt or confirmation. I called twice and left two message and have not been contacted back. I need to know if I will be receiving my tires or not. If not, I need the money put back into my account.

Jun 14

to
I placed the order, the money has been taken out, and I wasn't given any other information. When I clicked to confirm my order, the website took me back to the main page website.I've been checking my email and never received one yet, so there is absolutely no information I can give that Tread Wright should have given me. If you can use my full name and address to process the information, I can give that.

Jun 15

to me
Hello,

I do apologize for you not receive your confirmation. We were having some computer issues. I will make sure you receive your confirmation from one of my customer service representative tomorrow.

Thank you,

Office Manager
TreadWright Tires, LLC

Jun 16

Thank you very much for the assurance, you've been very helpful. TreadWright is a good company, things just tend to get a little scary when it comes to buying things from across the country. Again, thanks a lot.

Jun 20

I have not received a confirmation number or receipt for the tires I had purchased. You mentioned in the last email, " I will make sure you receive your confirmation from one of my customer service representative tomorrow.". Like I said before, the money was taken out of my account the day after purchase. I understand that TreadWright was having computer issues that day, but I am concerned that I will not receive my tires after the fact my money has been taken out. There is absolutely no information I can give you to look up the purchase, as I said in a previous email, when I clicked "confirmed purchase" it sent me back to the home page with no confirmation or a message saying it went through, though it still took money out the next day. The only information I can give you is my full name and address. If this cannot be done, please put my money back into my account.

Jun 24

I have yet to hear back from you about my purchase. The money was taken out on June 3, 2014 for the amount of $349.42 under my wife's name, If TreadWright cannot give me some kind of status on my tires, you need to put that money back into my account. If the money is not put back into my account, I will take higher actions on this issue,

Jul 8 (7 days ago)

to ,

I called about 2 weeks ago, and I talked to a man named Eric. He said that the tires I have ordered were not in stock and they had to come in first before they sent them. He said they would be sent out about a week from that day. He also said he would send me a confirmation email of my purchase, as well as a letter. I haven't received anything, and it has been 2 weeks since that call. He said the money was received for the tires. Please email me back, as the last few emails were not responded to. TreadWright is leaving me completely in the dark with my purchase and the money they have taken, not replying to emails, not delivery with confirmations that were initially suppose to take place, as well as after being told I will receive one by email and one by letter. I have literally been driving on a tire that has a big slice in the sidewall for way longer than I'm suppose to be. I would have bought locally and had the tires on months ago. It's been over a month since I made my order. If this email is NOT replied to by tomorrow (7/9/2014) with an official confirmation, I will have my credit card company pull the payment,

2:20 PM (3 minutes ago)

to
What is wrong with you? This is part of your job description, to respond to emails, isn't it? I have been emailing you since June 16th, explaining to you in full detail with courtesy and respect about my purchase, despite my frustration. You can guarantee this will be posted in all the reviews about TreadWright with the horrible, horrible service you and the company have provided. Not even once, including right after my purchase, did I ever get a confirmation number, tracking number and anything to assure me I was getting my tires, and yet the money was taken out of my account. Do your job, in the very least, email the customer back with something, anything, to reassure he isn't being screwed over.
1971hemicuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #10
DrPop
1946 CJ2A 

I'm pretty sure I would call them at this point and point blank ask them if they are waiting on a new run of the tires you ordered or what? Clearly this is not their norm; I remember years ago I bought a set of tires from them for my CJ7, and they had them shipped within 2 days, and they actually arrived within 5 days!

Maybe an explanation is that the tires you ordered are done in batches, and they have not done another batch of those tires in several months. I would definitely call them and make them give you the full explanation of what is going on. They can always refund your money if they aren't making those tires soon, and you need tires now!
DrPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #11
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
I'm pretty sure I would call them at this point and point blank ask them if they are waiting on a new run of the tires you ordered or what? Clearly this is not their norm; I remember years ago I bought a set of tires from them for my CJ7, and they had them shipped within 2 days, and they actually arrived within 5 days!

Maybe an explanation is that the tires you ordered are done in batches, and they have not done another batch of those tires in several months. I would definitely call them and make them give you the full explanation of what is going on. They can always refund your money if they aren't making those tires soon, and you need tires now!
Even if they answered all those questions, NOTHING excuses the fact that this guy has been asking for something as simple as confirmation of order received/processed from them (with two broken promises that he'd receive it). No excuse. None. I don't care if he ordered tires made out of a now extinct species of super-rubber tree. All he has asked for is a paper trail at this point, and they've failed spectacularly.

Someone's head should roll for this. Treadwright's prices after shipping are already barely competitive compared to many quality new tires available from numerous distributors including those such as Tirerack and DTD, and Treadwrights tread patterns are good but dated and come with the increased mass of a retread compared to a new tire. This story is the kind of thing that tips the teetering scale for people like me completely AWAY from ever buying Treadwrights products.

OP, file a complaint with the BBB, have your credit card company cancel the payment, and go buy tires from someone else. You've given Treadwright WAY more time to make good on this fiasco than most people would. Take your money elsewhere and let them lie in the bed they've made for themselves.
mschi772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #12
CS2006WK

I will never buy from treadwright after hearing this
CS2006WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #13
DrPop
1946 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Even if they answered all those questions, NOTHING excuses the[m]...
I think we're in agreement here. Without hearing the other side of the story, I was simply stating that he needs to call and ask them POINT BLANK what is going on. Without trying to sound like I'm going to bat for this company (I don't know anyone that works there and only purchased one set of tires from them YEARS ago), you still have to look at it rationally.

The logical conclusion is that this is an anomaly, because if this were their norm, they would have been out of business long ago. At this point none of us know what happened, not the OP or any one of us reading this thread. His best course of action is to get a manager and/or the owner on the phone, and demand a simple, honest explanation. Then, as you and I both suggested, he can get his money back.
DrPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #14
WXman
2001 WJ 

Yes, he needs to CALL them and find out what's going on. For every bad review of this company there are 100 good reviews. Don't scare everybody away. Just call and see what's up.

To the OP... back in post #4 where you had your tires installed...did you make sure that he balanced them using the STATIC setting on the machine? If not, go back and do that now. Otherwise, your warranty on the tires will be void.

mschi772 has a good point. The prices on TreadWrights have gotten to the point where you can buy "new" tires from DTD for the same cost. When you consider that TreadWright tires are heavier and have higher rolling resistance and therefore will destroy your fuel economy, you could make the point that buying "new" tires is actually cheaper. That's my fault with them now days. I've run the Guard Dogs and Wardens both in the past and had 100% success with them...but due to prices on them now I don't use them anymore.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.