Tread Wright Tires...Any Good? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tread Wright Tires...Any Good?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #16
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

just a thought.. Most Big rig truck tires are re-treads. Just think about how many miles a year they put on thier tires.. I honestly think you will have no issues.

MULIEFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #17
troys96xj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I had a tire shop tell me they wont hold up to serious offroading . They say they will seperate on rocks and trails cuz of the way the tire gets twisted and flexed. Is this true? I was looking at them too but am unsure. I use mine as DD and off-roading. I need new tires soon and need to know what I sould do.
troys96xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #18
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've abused these tires more than any one should, mainly because they were so cheap. The set I have now took nothing balance. If you get them you'll be satisfied
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #19
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

how much does is cost to ship it?... they want all the billing info..
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #20
2GPS4ME

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troys96xj View Post
I had a tire shop tell me they wont hold up to serious offroading . They say they will seperate on rocks and trails cuz of the way the tire gets twisted and flexed.
Do you think that a salesman at a Ford dealership would tell you to go buy a Jeep?

Think about it....

WJ (WIFE JEEP) PROJECT COMING SOON
2GPS4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #21
2GPS4ME

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMasterCHS View Post
how much does is cost to ship it?... they want all the billing info..
For (4) 31" tires...

Beverly Hills, CA - $101.64
Spokane, WA - $83.64
Austin, TX - $83.64
Albany, NY - $119.96
Miami, FL - $119.96

Any location closer to South Dakota will be cheaper.
(I live an hour away from Treadwright )

Treadwright shipping estimate

Unread 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
troys96xj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirefryer93 View Post
Do you think that a salesman at a Ford dealership would tell you to go buy a Jeep?

Think about it....
Very good point.
troys96xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #23
2GPS4ME

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Has anyone run the kedge grip tires? For the popular sizes (235 & 31"), the regular tread is hard to find in stock, but the kedge grip is usually available.

Oh, and I think I will be going down to the treadwright business sometime soon. Will keep everyone posted.

Unread 02-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
2GPS4ME

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got my tires in today. I know everyone wants details, so I inspected and took some pictures. Total price was $297.00 shipped to my door (I live 2 hours away).

These are the 235/75-15 ATG (P). The (C) tires must be made from 2 ply carcasses, because these showed a higher load rating on the website. Actually this specific tire did not show a load rating, but the 235 Mud tires did.

The ONLY blems I see are the center portions of a couple outside lugs that are rounded for some reason. It looks like the siping machine had a blade issue. There are only 4-5 of these 'bad' lugs on each tire.

Here are pics....
cimg2769.jpg   cimg2770.jpg   cimg2771.jpg   cimg2786.jpg   cimg2787.jpg  

Unread 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #25
red rubi
So long pal!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirefryer93 View Post
Has anyone run the kedge grip tires? For the popular sizes (235 & 31"), the regular tread is hard to find in stock, but the kedge grip is usually available.

Oh, and I think I will be going down to the treadwright business sometime soon. Will keep everyone posted.
I have the BFG looking 285s with the Kedge grip, I still only have less then 5k miles on them so far but I haven't had any traction problems at all
red rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #26
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Very informative thread! If my BFG A/Ts ever die I'll probably get the Tread Wright knock offs.

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #27
itsajeepthing10
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troys96xj View Post
I had a tire shop tell me they wont hold up to serious offroading . They say they will seperate on rocks and trails cuz of the way the tire gets twisted and flexed. Is this true? I was looking at them too but am unsure. I use mine as DD and off-roading. I need new tires soon and need to know what I sould do.
They will be fine..there is another website fourm that put them to the test from offroad to street driving and they never said one bad thing about them.
itsajeepthing10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #28
2GPS4ME

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajeepthing10 View Post
They will be fine..there is another website fourm that put them to the test from offroad to street driving and they never said one bad thing about them.
x2

I usually air mine down to 20psi when I hit the high country, and I've had zero issues after 3,000 miles.

Unread 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #29
Billyjoebob007
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GPS4ME View Post
I got my tires in today. I know everyone wants details, so I inspected and took some pictures. Total price was $297.00 shipped to my door (I live 2 hours away).

These are the 235/75-15 ATG (P). The (C) tires must be made from 2 ply carcasses, because these showed a higher load rating on the website. Actually this specific tire did not show a load rating, but the 235 Mud tires did.

The ONLY blems I see are the center portions of a couple outside lugs that are rounded for some reason. It looks like the siping machine had a blade issue. There are only 4-5 of these 'bad' lugs on each tire.

Here are pics....
Those are the atg's, looks good. I was going to order a set but they said they are 2-3 weeks on back order. But they had the crawler m/t's ready to ship so i ordered a set of 5 of those with kedge grip in a 235 75 15. Cost me 410.00 shipped to north Denver.
Billyjoebob007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #30
ComancheKid45
1988 MJ Comanche 

Ive had my Treadwright Crawlers for about 2 months or so now, Im nothing but impressed and will be suprised if i ever by another type of brand new tire for my Jeeps again.

New!

ComancheKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.