Tread Wright Tires...Any Good? - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tread Wright Tires...Any Good?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #211
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived View Post
Ok I think I have a problem here. Check out the pix:

These are 235/75/R15 crawlers from Treadwright. They are two years old with a bout 8-9k miles on them. Three of the four are doing this. I have guard dogs that are almost 7 years old with 20-some thousand miles on them and still like 80% tread remaining but they do not look like these at all. They are still mint! I emailed treadwright twice but got no reply and it's been a few weeks.

Does anyone's tires look similar? I'm not really worried but the concern is there.
Two of mine have been like that for a while now.

I had around 2 or 3 degrees of toe-in in the front. Burned the tread of rather quickly and did that from them scuffing down the road.

Those two are going to need to be replaced soon becuase the tread is getting low. Sadly, they won't be replaced with another TW tire as TW no longer makes the crawler in my size ... or any mud tire in that size. I don't want to go wider or up to a 32'' tire just yet.

Unread 06-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #212
Muddeprived

Well I spoke with their CS about b2b tires and they said this stuff won't happen with them but I wasn't sold and considering how much they would weigh kinda turned me off. I decided to go with new tires this time and ordered five Goodyear Authority tires which have a similar aggressive tread pattern. It would've been $700 shipped for guard dogs but I got the authorities for $666 (eek!) with my discount.

Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #213
Motophile
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just thought I would come back and post that Treadwright has pretty much given me the blowoff for last few months. Loving the tires but the promised replacement never arrived and all emails and phone calls are ignored. Oh well. YMMV.
Motophile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #214
TheBlueDevil
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have the 31" Guard Dogs and I drove across the country and back taking back roads and scenic roads as well as a lot of off-roading pit stops along the way in Colorado during February (a TON of snow on the ground). Also, I did a lot of wheeling in the mountains of Tahoe before driving back. They have probably 20,000 miles on them, still have more than half tread and they are wearing great and have taken all the beatings I could have possibly given to them. Rock, snow, mud, sand, gravel roads on a daily basis, whatever...they are holding up fantastic. But...I will say they are stupid heavy and oh man the road noise is enough to wake the dead. For the $480 I paid for them I could not be happier and I certainly plan on buying another set.
Knowing my luck, now that I said something, I'm going to have a blowout or something...
TheBlueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #215
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

I installed my Guard Dog's on leave and put 1,000 miles on them in 2 weeks. Moderate trails, dirt roads, 85 on the highway, they held up amazing. They ride fairly well, but like TheBlueDevil said, the road noise was pretty bad. That's the only detractor I could find in them. They grip like crazy on rocks and ride well on pavement. I get to drive from Montana to up-state New York here in about six months, so we will see how well they hold up on that trek.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.