TPMS Question / Please Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > TPMS Question / Please Help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

TPMS Question / Please Help

So I just got my new wheels/tires installed last week 275/65/18 DuraTracs on GF-X Wheels. They were balanced and mounted with TPMS at Discount Tire Direct and I have since dropped the PSI to 30. I drove like that for a few days without issue.

Then I tried to install the LED Recon front driving lights without the load resistor and when I did the car registered that the those two lights were out and they blinked fast. This also made the TMPS indicator light come on that the tires are low. This literally happened exactly when I installed these lights. I checked all the tires and they are still 30 PSI.

I have gone back to stock lights and they are working fine with no error code on the lights, and they blink normal. But the TPMS is still warning there is a low tire.

What gives? Could the lights have tripped something? Could a TPMS fail after a few days? Is 30 psi too low for this system on an E rated tire? Can a wheel/tire shop test to see if each TPMS is working without taking off the tire?

Thanks in advance!

img_3525.jpg  
GeckoFun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.