Toyo Open Country RT reviews - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-11-2016, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
SmokEaterHD
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Toyo Open Country RT reviews

Anyone tried out a set of these? I've put two sets of the MT's on my truck and looking to upgrade my tires on the LJ to a larger size. Looking for any experience good or bad before I order them. The MT's I've had have gotten over 50K miles out of each set and been pretty happy with them. Just don't need that aggressive of tread for the Jeep since it is my DD the majority of the time. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Don't overlook the TOYO AT II/Extremes. These are more aggressive than the normal AT but will likely make a better DD tire that the RT's assuming you can get by with an AT. Much more sipping, better design for water and snow, etc. than the RT. I have been running TOYO MT's on my LJ for about 150,000 miles now. Each set had no problem making it to 50,000. I have run multiple sets of TOYO AT's on my pickup as well, including the AT-II's and will continue to use these on my truck. The next set for the truck will be the Extremes. My son put a set of AT-II/Extremes on his truck and I am quite impressed with them. They are only available in larger sizes but I really think you should consider them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BDS Springs, MetalCloak Arms, Fox Shocks, Warn Winch, Savvy Ft Bumper, Antirock, GenRight Fenders, GR8 Top, 35" Pittbulls, 5.13's, Revolution Axle Shafts, LS-III, 4L80e

'76 CJ-7, 33" Swampers, 6-Point Cage, 4-Speed, Dana 300 Twin Stick
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 PM
UTAH

I've owned both the MT and AT Toyo's. They are excellent tires and wear remarkably well. They certainly aren't cheap - you get what you pay for. One of the things that attracted me to the Toyo's was their sizing. They've got 35x11's - a perfect fit for our Jeeps.

Bill

'97 Land Rover D90
'03 TJ Rubicon
'14 JK-8 Freedom Edition
'14 KL Cherokee Trailhawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.