Toyo Mud Terrain 33x13.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Toyo Mud Terrain 33x13.5

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Toyo Mud Terrain 33x13.5

ive found a good deal on some of these with steelies included for only $800. im really considering them and was wondering how much back spacing is needed and how well a 13.5" tire compares to a 12.5" as far as handling. i plan on running RC 3.25 inch lift which was designed for a 33x12.5

Unread 07-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running the 35x13.50's on 15x8's with 3.75" backspace. I put a couple washer behind my steering stops to keep them from rubbing the control arms and they clear everything else great.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

By all accounts, it's a great tire. I hope to own some in 33 X 10.5 R15 in the future.

I've never heard a single bad thing about Toyo, except that some of them ride rough as hell, but those are the R16 ones (load D and especially E). The R15 (load C) should ride good though.
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 05:58 AM   #4
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake92321 View Post
ive found a good deal on some of these with steelies included for only $800. im really considering them and was wondering how much back spacing is needed and how well a 13.5" tire compares to a 12.5" as far as handling. i plan on running RC 3.25 inch lift which was designed for a 33x12.5

Thats a great deal. They are one of the best wearing and off-road radial DD tire. If the wheels dont fit, Sell/trade them on here for some that do. IMO id run 15x10 3.75BS, That wide you can hit single didget #'s and not have a problem with a bead or rubbing, If you do, The below is the best advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2 View Post
I'm running the 35x13.50's on 15x8's with 3.75" backspace. I put a couple washer behind my steering stops to keep them from rubbing the control arms and they clear everything else great.

Thats cool they are true to the width. That might throw them in the pool of a different tire this time round for DD rubber. My krawlers still rub the LCAs but they are crazy wide, And tall for the size listed. But id be looking to run the same as you, If the rub, If they do its a plus as they are 13.50 wide my 15x10 3.75BS and you remedy would work.

I know your in wet country, Hows the highway speeds with them? I'm going to have a 100 mile a day round trip come December, Its all 55 to 65 MPH
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=KKiowaTJ;7617954]Thats a great deal. They are one of the best wearing and off-road radial DD tire. If the wheels dont fit, Sell/trade them on here for some that do. IMO id run 15x10 3.75BS, That wide you can hit single didget #'s and not have a problem with a bead or rubbing, If you do, The below is the best advice.

Thats cool they are true to the width. That might throw them in the pool of a different tire this time round for DD rubber. My krawlers still rub the LCAs but they are crazy wide, And tall for the size listed. But id be looking to run the same as you, If the rub, If they do its a plus as they are 13.50 wide my 15x10 3.75BS and you remedy would work.

I know your in wet country, Hows the highway speeds with them? I'm going to have a 100 mile a day round trip come December, Its all 55 to 65 MPH[/QUOTE]

They are very smooth riding and quiet at highway speeds, no hydroplaning. Extremely tough sidewalls and they hold a bead very good offroad, I regularly air down to 5 psi when offroading and 1-2psi for snow wheeling and have never lost a bead in the 3 years I have had them.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
jake92321
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok thanks guys im pretty sure im going to go for these tires
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a good tire. I like the wider tread and if they move good down the highway thats always a plus. I know they want a nice price for them, But sounds like they are worth it.
Good luck to the OP who's getting a killer deal on a set of tires. High end tire and steelies for a kicker. Post up some pic's when you get them on. Good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.