Toyo M/T vs. Goodyear MT/R - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Toyo M/T vs. Goodyear MT/R

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 07-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #16
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I have the new MTR's, I also ran the old ones. They are great tires, I would recommend them. In regards to the Toyo's, my bro has had 4 sets of them and loves them. They seem to be a bit harder material, and they weigh a TON. They have very stiff sidewalls, and he runs them at 6-8 PSI on his crawler, 35 PSI on his truck. People that have the Toyo's love them and swear by them. I really like how they perform, but they were too heavy for my taste, and the MTR's were also less expensive.

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #17
Squint77

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yes Toyos are heavy, but they balance amazingly well, are long lasting, and are super quiet on the road. This is my second set and I will buy them again on my next go around.
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
jfive
dos heeps

2011 JK Wrangler 

I've had both. Toyo by far.
'88 YJ
jfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes Toyos are heavy, but they balance amazingly well, are long lasting, and are super quiet on the road. This is my second set and I will buy them again on my next go around.
X2

They also perform very well off road too. They are a bit heavy, but a very tough tire. Beef weighs a bit.
Unread 07-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #20
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITBRubicon View Post
Do the toyo's hook up better offroad?
I believe half of the top ten finishers at KOH were running MT/R's. its gotta say something
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire opinion toyo , goodyear

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.