Too Many Rims To Choose From...Help Me... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Too Many Rims To Choose From...Help Me...

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
jeffmyrle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Too Many Rims To Choose From...Help Me...

I am loosing sleep trying to decide on a wheel choice.
I am most defiantly going with Nitto Mud Grapplers for the tires.
These are my wheel choices. Also any suggestions not listed would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1. Ballistic Jester 814
2. Raceline Raptor
3. XD Addict
4. XD Rock Star
5. XD Crank

814jesterblackredcat_1.jpg

raptor_blkcat_1.jpg

raptor_gm_cat_1.jpg

xd7753cat_1.jpg

xd8017cat.png

xdaddictblackfull_6.jpg

jeffmyrle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I find the Rockstar to be one of the worst wheels in the world, so obviously I wouldn't choose it. I also don't like big *** fake bead lock bolts, so the only one you pictured I don't mind is the one right below the Rockstar. You list 5 names, but 6 pics, so I'm not sure the name of it, but it's the second from the bottom.

My next wheel, to replace my steelies is going to be this: The Ultra Crusher.

AntiPrius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Of the ones you posted I like the silver Racelines best. I REALLY dislike black wheels. IMO, they are synonymous with watching UFC at BWW wearing a beer stained TapOut shirt. I also dislike spoke wheels. I like polished (not chrome!) wheels with a hole pattern, like ProComp 1069's, or the discontinued MT Classic Locks (which I own).
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
jeffmyrle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
Of the ones you posted I like the silver Racelines best. I REALLY dislike black wheels. IMO, they are synonymous with watching UFC at BWW wearing a beer stained TapOut shirt. I also dislike spoke wheels. I like polished (not chrome!) wheels with a hole pattern, like ProComp 1069's, or the discontinued MT Classic Locks (which I own).
UFC at BWW...lol
I actually prefer the all black racelines over the other ones. Its so hard to choose.
If I go with the rock star rims I may be shunned.
Unread 03-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
jeffmyrle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPrius View Post
I find the Rockstar to be one of the worst wheels in the world, so obviously I wouldn't choose it. I also don't like big *** fake bead lock bolts, so the only one you pictured I don't mind is the one right below the Rockstar. You list 5 names, but 6 pics, so I'm not sure the name of it, but it's the second from the bottom.

My next wheel, to replace my steelies is going to be this: The Ultra Crusher.
I am finding out there is a lot of dislike for the XD rock stars on this forum. Whats wrong with them? Just curious why.
Thanks
Unread 03-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmyrle View Post
I am finding out there is a lot of dislike for the XD rock stars on this forum. Whats wrong with them? Just curious why.
Thanks
I cannot stand the way they look, and they typically are seen on ridiculous lifted mall crawler trucks like this, and to me, if they belong anywhere, and I say no, but if so, it's there.

They are for you though, so if you like them, our opinion is pretty much useless.
Unread 03-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
jeffmyrle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I cannot stand the way they look, and they typically are seen on ridiculous lifted mall crawler trucks like this, and to me, if they belong anywhere, and I say no, but if so, it's there.

They are for you though, so if you like them, our opinion is pretty much useless.
Yeah they look pretty strange on that. Think its the low profile tires that makes them look wierd.
I am a brand new jeep owner and learning the ins and outs of respect and disrespect of the community.
All of your opinions do matter to me. That is why I posted this. Im just finding it hard to make a choice and would like all your thoughts.
Thanks
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #8
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmyrle View Post
I am a brand new jeep owner and learning the ins and outs of respect and disrespect of the community.
All of your opinions do matter to me. That is why I posted this. Im just finding it hard to make a choice and would like all your thoughts.
Thanks
For cosmetic parts, don't worry about any opinion other than your own. We can give you the functional pro's & con's of pretty much anything that goes on a Jeep. When it comes to cosmetics, you'll get three answers: I like it, get it; I hate it, you suck with that; why does my opinion matter?.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I REALLY dislike black wheels. IMO, they are synonymous with watching UFC at BWW wearing a beer stained TapOut shirt.
Yes! Agreed. I might have said "morons and thugs" but your description is apt too. Essentially you're saying they're low class or no class. I agree. They are also no longer an original thought either. They are for copy cats.

Quote:
I also dislike spoke wheels
I like 5 spoke wheels with substantial spokes. No spindly spokes please. Like I like Grizzley and Ecco wheels for examples.

I also (as someone else said) don't like fake beadlocks.

I like functional painted aluminum wheels (to be corrosion resistant) wheels (like many stock are painted silver). I prefer 5 spoke, but holes or ovals are good too.

I don't like any of the wheels shown. Sorry.
Unread 03-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #10
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

But that's just my opinion. Get what you want.

Have a look at SummitRacing.com for a wide selection of wheels and brands.
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #11
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hate black wheels on most cars and on many trucks in general, but I equally hate bright aluminum wheels on red TJ's for some reason, and mine is red. If it were just about any other color I might not run black wheels, but it is, so even though I'm going to swap out the black steelies I bought it with, I'm sticking with black. I've google image searched it to death, and I just don't like a bright aluminum wheel on red, so I won't do it. It reminds me of a Camaro or Nova hotrod one would see in the early to mid 80's.

I guess because of that, I'm a moron, thug, low class, a loser, uneducated, full retarded, on welfare, etc...but so be it.

The wheels I want, the Ultra Crusher, after spending countless hours trying to find a subtle black wheel, is about as close I have found without the standard circle hole design. It is available with a machine lip face too, and I may go that route to break up the all black, and also to make them look better over time if the lips get scratched up, but all bright aluminum is out on my red TJ.

I'd take a black Moab style if they had the right back spacing I'd need, but they don't.
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #12
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I hate black wheels on most cars and on many trucks in general, but I equally hate bright aluminum wheels on red TJ's for some reason, and mine is red. If it were just about any other color I might not run black wheels, but it is, so even though I'm going to swap out the black steelies I bought it with, I'm sticking with black. I've google image searched it to death, and I just don't like a bright aluminum wheel on red, so I won't do it. It reminds me of a Camaro or Nova hotrod one would see in the early to mid 80's.

I guess because of that, I'm a moron, thug, low class, a loser, uneducated, full retarded, on welfare, etc...but so be it.
No you're not anything bad. I didn't mean that literally. I meant it's my first impression (not necessarily a correct impression) just because it's often the case.

It's like any stereotype. It's not always accurate, BUT often is. That's the nature of stereotypes.

Stereotypes shouldn't be taken to seriously. I think of stereotypes as "odds are..., but might not be".
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #13
PartyMarty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The wheels I want, the Ultra Crusher, after spending countless hours trying to find a subtle black wheel, is about as close I have found without the standard circle hole design. It is available with a machine lip face too, and I may go that route to break up the all black, and also to make them look better over time if the lips get scratched up, but all bright aluminum is out on my red TJ.

I'd take a black Moab style if they had the right back spacing I'd need, but they don't.
X2 also have red jeep and don't like shiny wheels. So red and black it is and I think I would really get laughed at with red wheels. Getting these soon mamba mr1. Have you seen these yet? 15x8 4.50 backspace

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ma...500b/overview/
PartyMarty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #14
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
No you're not anything bad. I didn't mean that literally. I meant it's my first impression (not necessarily a correct impression) just because it's often the case.

It's like any stereotype. It's not always accurate, BUT often is. That's the nature of stereotypes.

Stereotypes shouldn't be taken to seriously. I think of stereotypes as "odds are..., but might not be".
I fully agree with most "stereo types" and by that I mean the whole term is meant (by liberals) to suggest they aren't true, but most in fact are. I wouldn't consider black wheels on a Jeep to be one though. Truck Nutz, stupid lifted mall crawler trucks, tribal tattoo's, and the like ring true most often. Black wheels on a Jeep that appears to at least go off road sometimes (excluding lame Rock Stars) don't really suggest anything to me.
Unread 03-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #15
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyMarty View Post
X2 also have red jeep and don't like shiny wheels. So red and black it is and I think I would really get laughed at with red wheels. Getting these soon mamba mr1. Have you seen these yet? 15x8 4.50 backspace

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ma...500b/overview/
I like those wheels, I wish the BS was more like 4". They could work as is, and it is definitely better than the stock 5.5", I believe, but 4.5" is cutting it close before spacers are needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.