tj wears right front only - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > tj wears right front only

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 07-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
C54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

tj wears right front only

Hi I have been racking my brain as to why my tj would wear the out side of the right front tire and none of the others. I have a three inch lift. I was trying to get by for a few months without buying trackbars but I might not have a choice. I looked at the left front and it is wearing normal. I would think if it was an alignment issue it would wear both tires. I also checked the knuckles they also seem fine. I am stumped.

C54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Trackbar unlikely to help what you are describing. Something is wrong on that side of the front setup. Look at your jeep from the front. Does it look like you have excessively positive camber on the side that is wearing? When you say you checked the knuckles what does that mean? Did you check ball joints? Unit bearing? Control arm bushings? Is the axle tube on that side straight?
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
C54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I checked the ball joints. Nothing appears to be bent. I rotated my tires about a 1500 miles ago, when I did that I didn't not any camber issues then. But beings the outside of the tire is worn its kinda hard to tell right now.
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Take a picture for us.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
C54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I got pics but don't have photobucket or anything. Could I just like to Facebook?
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
ltrail
1984 XJ Cherokee 

You can link FB to photobucket lol. Just sign up for one of many image sites and most are free.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.