Tires and Rims - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Tires and Rims

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
scottlong22
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Tires and Rims

Hey all,

I am looking to get new tires and rims - Craigs has a lot to offer and I see that some Jeeps that are newer are selling their rims and tires together dirt cheap. My bolt patter is 5 and so are the rims they are selling, but they are 17's and I run 15's now. What do i have to look out for? Can I simply just swap since they are both 5 bolt pattern? Or am i missing someting esle?

Thanks!

scottlong22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

As long as the bolt patterns are both 5×4.5 ( assuming you have a TJ) you should be good. I " think" JK's use a 5×5.5 .

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
As long as the bolt patterns are both 5×4.5 ( assuming you have a TJ) you should be good. I " think" JK's use a 5×5.5 .

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
JK uses 5x5
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
drandersoninc

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlong22 View Post
Hey all,

I am looking to get new tires and rims - Craigs has a lot to offer and I see that some Jeeps that are newer are selling their rims and tires together dirt cheap. My bolt patter is 5 and so are the rims they are selling, but they are 17's and I run 15's now. What do i have to look out for? Can I simply just swap since they are both 5 bolt pattern? Or am i missing someting esle?

Thanks!
The other consideration, at least it was for me, is that replacement tires for 15" rims tend to be cheaper than those for 17" rims - at least that has been the case with my 33" and 35" replacements over the past 5-6 years....
drandersoninc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.